Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/Clinic Duty
This page is a draft and does not align with reality in any way
Release Engineering Team (RelEng) clinic duty is a rotating position that is responsible for triage and response for incoming tasks in addition to common maintenance tasks.
The RelEng clinic duty team is analogous to
- triage of incoming RelEng tasks:
- Perform common maintenance tasks that folks might ask us for:
- Gerrit permissions/repos
- CI whitelist additions
- Phabricator 2FA resets
- Document "runbooks" or "howtos" for the above and any new recurring maintenance tasks, link to them from the clinic duty page
- Handle "hey releng"-type requests in #wikimedia-releng
Folks will rotate into and out-of this position every 2 weeks. Ideally, we could keep folks away from train and away from clinic duty for a month at a time.
Some potential metrics that might be interesting to track to determine the impact of this position.
- Number of untriaged tasks
- Wait time for CI Whitelist/repo creation/etc.
- Average open time of tasks
- Number of tasks closed