If you have questions about any of my extensions, please ask! JonathanWilliford 02:46, 18 January 2010 (UTC)
Hi Jonathan. This extension behaves strangely. It seems it can only fetch verses with book number less than 9 (i.e. having only one digit). When I try to <bible>Gen 10:1</bible> it fails, saying "Gen 10:1 Could not find: Gen 1 0:1 in the Christian Bible". Notice strange space between 1 and 0 in 10. Since I'm not good in php, please advice. 188.8.131.52 13:48, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- Namely, the regular expression in parseInput function is wrong. 184.108.40.206 13:55, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- I just removed '*' qualifier before first (\d+) and it worked well. 220.127.116.11 14:02, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
I'm interested in your thoughts on the Extension page about adding other texts. Have you experimented with other texts? What is involved in adapting this extension for other texts? Thanks! --666User (talk) 17:54, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- I've always had that in mind but never got around to it. What book would you be interested in having added? Is there a public domain version of the text? I would be happy to work with you to implement it. Perhaps you can request to become a developer on https://code.google.com/p/sacredtext/? --JonathanWilliford (talk) 18:12, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks kgh! I added a comment to that section telling the reader that they may need to modify those defines so that they don't conflict with their other namespaces. Let me know if you need help with the installation. Due to the customizability it can be quite complex to install. --JonathanWilliford 17:33, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
- Your welcome, it is just coincidence that I stumbled upon this possible problem. This extension is on my watchlist due to the fact that I localised it to German and, this is more important, think that it will be very useful for a lot of people. Most probably I will install it on the public wiki I administrate in due time. So far the installation process looks straight forward to me. However I will come back to you in case problems occur! Cheers --kgh 17:41, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
- Great! I didn't notice that page! --JonathanWilliford 19:39, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
- No worries. Practically nobody does as far as I can see. :-) To tell you the truth: I did not notice it up until today and it took me about 20 minutes to find it. :-| Cheers --kgh 19:42, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
Hello Jonathan, I like RefHelper! I am working on a related one, merging the functionality of Biblio and Bibtex and adding a number of features besides. If you get a chance, please check out my notes at User:Miranche/BiblioTex to get a rough sense of the features -- if we have overlap it may be a good idea to co-ordinate on some details, make sure the extensions are inter-operable etc.
I also wanted to point out a detail in the RefHelper namespace definitions. The
$wgExtraNamespaces lines probably need to look like:
$wgExtraNamespaces[NS_CITE] = "Cite"; $wgExtraNamespaces[NS_CITE_TALK] = "Cite_talk";
Otherwise your code will erase the record of any namespaces that may have been added previously.
are you still working on this extension?
I'd like to use it in my wiki biblicamentes.com.br/wiki/ however it looks the extension is not working anymore or forsaken :(
please let me know.