User talk:Deskana (WMF)/Archive 1
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
- Texugo, thank you! I've asked for people to note any objections on the page where I posted. Hopefully there will be none and we can turn it on. You may want to join the wikitech-ambassadors mailing list where we're discussing the search rollout a bit. Thanks again! :-) --Dan Garry, Wikimedia Foundation (talk) 17:21, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
Rename oauth app?
Hi, thanks for approving my CropCrop, but I just renamed it to CropTool... :) Is there any way to rename an OAuth app or should I just register a new one? Danmichaelo (talk) 17:41, 26 November 2013 (UTC)
- Hey Danmichaelo. Thanks for testing OAuth!
- I hadn't realised the name of the app was wrong. When I read your message and realised the incorrect name, I laughed for about 10 mintues! I guess I'm easy to amuse. :-p
- Right now the only way to rename the application is to go through the approvals process again, as if you're authorising a separate application. I realise that's sub-optimal, so I've filed a bug report for that feature request. See 57631 for more information.
- If you decide to create a new request with the correct name, let me know and I can deactivate the old request and active the new one.
- Best regards,
- --Dan Garry, Wikimedia Foundation (talk) 23:23, 26 November 2013 (UTC)
- Brilliant ;) I requested CropTool now and updated my app, so just go ahead and deactivate CropCrop :) Danmichaelo (talk) 21:02, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Tegel. Right now, changes to templates that are transcluded anywhere in a Flow discussion (including the header) are not reflected in the Flow page. I was testing to see if that had been fixed, as it's of particular importance if one wishes to update the header. Unfortunately that test confirmed that the bug is still present; my changes were never reflected in any Flow pages that transclude the template. --Dan Garry, Wikimedia Foundation (talk) 00:26, 12 December 2013 (UTC)
- A more discrete change in the template and a proper summary might have been a better solution. That type of edits and summary sets of a number of alarms on different IRC channels for no reason. -- Tegel (talk) 00:35, 12 December 2013 (UTC)
Change redirect location for OAuth app
Hi Dan, thank you for approving my OAuth apps: wtosm and wtosm-dev. I need to change the redirect location for wtosm-dev (I am testing it on a server now), but it seems that I can not do that from the manage page. How can I change it? The new address would be
http://220.127.116.11/wtosm/app/oauth-callback (the main page is here Thank you. --CristianCantoro (talk) 19:21, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
- I was told on #mediawiki that it is not possible to change that parameter so I registered a new consumerv wtosm-dev-server. Can you approve that. Thanks. -- CristianCantoro (talk) 16:17, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hey Whym! You're correct, we're intending to convert Talk:Search to Flow. You can continue your discussion on Talk:Search/LiquidThreads archive, as we'll continue checking there until Flow is on Talk:Search itself. Thanks! --Dan Garry, Wikimedia Foundation (talk) 21:16, 23 May 2014 (UTC)
Do you know about SecurePoll? --Nemo 18:29, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
- @CennoxX: Thanks for the feedback. It's not a use case that we are currently supporting. That said, it's also not something where we felt the need to explicitly spend time adding code to the app to explicitly prevent it. If that's something you feel we should be spending time doing, it would be really nice if you could file a task in Phabricator against the Wikipedia-Android-App project. --Dan Garry, Wikimedia Foundation (talk) 19:48, 6 April 2015 (UTC)