- "will likely make Zotero translator how-tos ... eventually" /me makes heart eyes --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 10:37, 4 July 2016 (UTC)
- 😍 czar 10:45, 4 July 2016 (UTC)
A few questions for you
Hi there! Because you are a proud member of the community taskforce for the visual editor, I'm sending you this short questionnaire so that we can learn how to improve existing resources and about different ways to build and share community knowledge. Thanks for participating! I'll come back here to collect your answers on September 9th. I'll collate answers on the taskforce talk page. Talk to you soon, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 18:02, 31 August 2016 (UTC)
PS: If for any reason you'd like to provide your answers privately, just send me an email instead.
- Was the existing documentation about how to adapt the visual editor to your context useful to you?
- Do you have ideas about how to improve or expand it? (Note it has been changed recently, here's what it looked like before.)
- What is your preferred format to learn about something or about how to get things done? Feel free to list tools or other resources, even if they aren't being used currently on our sites.
- What is the one thing related to adapting the visual editor which is not explained well anywhere and you're still struggling to learn more about?
- Did you create additional documentation/resources to help yourself and others? Like user guides, how-to/instruction pages, etc.? If so, please provide links.
- Did somebody else from WMF or your community assist you with the visual editor community work you did so far? Please list names and the ways they provided support (like, Alice sent me an email to explain how to do X). Please, add community members' names to the taskforce list if they are not there yet.
- Hi @Elitre (WMF), I haven't interacted much with the VE documentation so I don't think I'll be of much help here. I'm more on the Zotero–Citoid non-VE end. You might want to experiment with the page's layout, as it reads a bit like a wall of text in areas (especially with the big, italicized text)—might be better to just keep the normal typeface size and try to make the headers/contents more concise. For example, "Keep yourself and your community up-to-date on visual editor news \n We publish a multilingual bimonthly newsletter so you can learn about new, exciting features as they are made available, and about planned improvements. \n Sign up for the newsletter, and please add your name to the translators' list so that other people at all projects in your language will be able to read the bulletin in your language on community pages there." → "Subscribe to our multilingual, bimonthly newsletter for news about VE features and improvements as they are released" and I'd add the translator ask to the other translation section, for example czar 04:01, 9 September 2016 (UTC)