This is the place to come if you want help using the MediaWiki software. All the content in this section assumes that you have access to a fully set up and working version of MediaWiki and are looking for help using it to view and create content.
These pages are in the early stage of development. If you can't find the information you are looking for, or have found useful information somewhere we have not linked to, then please leave a comment on the talk page and someone will look into it.
Help on MediaWiki.org
- Help:Contents - Public domain help pages (in development).
- Manual:FAQ - Frequently asked questions
- Support desk - A place to ask questions (though there are quicker sources of help available, see below).
Sources of immediate help
- mediawiki-l, the main MediaWiki mailing list.
- #mediawiki, the IRC channel.
- mediawiki.slack.com team at Slack ( visit http://mediawiki.pro:3000 to join )
For more information about the above, please see Communication.
External sources of help
- The MediaWiki handbook on meta.wikimedia.org
Professional support and development
It's possible to hire a company or an individual for custom development and support. There are a lot of companies that use MediaWiki in their solution or specialize on developing skins and extensions. See Professional development and consulting for the details.