User:Diwanshipandey/OPW Internship Report
- 1 Completing media wiki API development course on codecademy
Completing media wiki API development course on codecademy
Week 1 ( DEC 10 - DEC 16 )
- To discuss with my mentor about which APIs/ modules to be implemented in codecademy.
- Make few tutorials as an example to understand how modules needs to be implemented and what they should look like(i.e HTML and CSS).
- Start with Parsing module
Dec 10 : Started with going through all the media wiki APIs and their various parameters
Dec 11 : Discussed about 3 modules i.e Parsing, Querying, Modifying
Dec 12 : Done with 2 tutorials as an examples
Dec 13 : According to the mentor's review started with action=parse module
Dec 14 : Continued reviewing the action=parse tutorials
Dec 16 : Done with 2 tutorials on action=parse
- Getting wikimarkup text as an HTML
- Parsing wikitext by specifying summary(Deleted)
Total Slides made:4
Week 2 ( Dec 17 - Dec 23 )
- Make an overall Lesson Plan.
- Implement various props in action=parse tutorials.
- Make different sections of the course.
Dec 17 : Continued with parsing and Deleted tutorial for Parsing wikitext by specifying summary as it was not needed as a tutorial.
Dec 18 : Done with 2 tutorials of action=parse
Dec 19 : Done with 2 more tutorials of the same
Dec 21 : Started making a lesson Plan.
Dec 22 : Done with a Lesson Plan(will keep updating)
Dec 23 : Made 3 sections of overall course i.e
Total Slides made:4
Week 3 ( Dec 24 - Dec 30 )
- Sort previously made slides accordingly in the sections.
- Start action=query module.
Dec 24 : Sorted the previously made slides of action=query into sections. Started with action=query module.
Dec 25 : Gone through the query props of action=query from mediawiki API documentation.
Dec 26 : Done with following 2 tutorials
Dec 27 : Done with a tutorial for
Dec 28 : Done with a tutorial for
Dec 30 : Wrote a blog about whole work done this far.