I have been trying the editor for few days. This is my opinion:
- Visually attractive
- In categories, it's good to view the items of the category while you are editing
- It's also good to see interwikis
- It really pushes editors to make a short explanation of their edit
- You don't have to go to the bottom of the page to click on the "publish" button
Things to improve:
- Slow load of the editor
- We lost the ability to use strange symbols (which are at the bottom at the original editor)
- References cannot be segregated for an easier text-only-edit (I had a gadget for that)
- It would be great to have a "Preview" button when you edit. Now, to preview, you have to click first to "publish". It is more complicated and not very logical.
- It would be great, while editing, to be able to differentiate beetween blue links and red links (pages still missing)
- It would be great to be able to copy (for later pasting) the title of the page
- For templates, it also would be good to be able to preview articles using this template (as you do with the source editor)
- Inability to make a null-edit to force page to update.
- Inability to undo (at least with Google Chrome)