|This page uses the Flow extension, a new piece of discussion and collaboration software. We need your feedback over the coming months, to make it the system we all want to use. See the Main FAQ and the Design FAQ for some basic details and answers, and a list of future feature ideas that have been suggested so far. Your testing at Talk:Sandbox and input at Talk:Flow is appreciated and needed!|
- Small view
- Collapsed view
- Full view
Testing testing. Let's see if I can link to an EN page: . Or something with a one-word title: . --~~~~
Nope, guess not!
1 day ago 16:27, 16 April 2014
Nope, that didn't work. How about a straight URL:
Yup, that worked. But awfully long...
1 day ago 16:28, 16 April 2014
Not fan of the left border style. Also line height and font size are really huge.
13 days ago 15:51, 4 April 2014
Quadrige: The typography will match that which is used in the rest of the sites, once the ongoing Flow front-end overhaul is complete. Many things will be changing in that, and many more things will continue to change over the months ahead. Suggestions welcome, now and always. :)
Re: left border style, I assume you mean the dotted vertical line that indicates an indented reply? (Or possibly you mean the blue-highlight in the text-editing box, or the green-highlight when we visit a permalink?) Specific feedback and suggestions on this, are also welcome. :)
13 days ago 20:39, 4 April 2014
Quiddity (WMF): Thanks for your answer! Yes I was talking about the vertical line for indented replies. I think it is less clear than the current indentation model, but I may just need some time to get used to it. The blue and green highlight animation are really nice. Some other things:
- I know line height may change, and that good because I think it seriously needs to be decreased.
- It may be nice to have "Reply", "thank" and the timestamp on a unique line, just after the username for example. Would that make sense? Maybe the "reply" button needs to be on the right to be more visible.
- I'd suggest to display the "talk" link by default: it's an essential part of the community aspect, and should not be hidden that way.
- Btw Why not small incons for this, reply and thanks? That would be very facebook-like, I know, but this type of interaction makes a lot of sense to most people. Clicking a little heart may be pleasant for people who are used to "likes", and would increase the recognition of people's work.
- The cancel link is not a button like "preview" and "submit": why is that? I thinks it lacks consistency.
- Is wikicode live preview planned? Or is the editor specifically for article pages?
- I really don't like the grey background for topic titles. It's really dull. Also the font size is really huge.
- The "..." symbol is not really clear, and I think icons would make sense here too: they're already perfect as they are, so maybe just show them on mouseover?
12 days ago 15:12, 5 April 2014
Quadrige: Thanks for the details. :) Lots of good thoughts in there, that I'll make sure the front-end developer sees these (and many of which have fixes underway).
Re: "wikicode live preview" - do you mean VisualEditor integration? That is planned, and the whole system is based on Parsoid so it should be a relatively simple addition, but they wanted to get it all working with wikimarkup first, as that's what us powerusers are used to.
10 days ago 20:01, 7 April 2014