Release status: experimental
|Description||The Material Design language created by Google, captured in MediaWiki software|
1.3.1 (22 November 2016)
Translate the Material skin if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix;|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
Material is a skin currently in development, based on the Material Design language created by Google.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadSkin( 'Material' );
- Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the skin is successfully installed. Done - Navigate to
You can also
git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/skins/Material
- Implementation of Material Design
- SocialProfile support
- Page status indicators support
In development features
These are mostly nice-to-have features, which might or might not end up getting implemented.
- Collapsible modules inside sidebar.
- Each label has a corresponding icon so the meaning of the action can be interpreted easier.
- Retractable sidebar, which can be toggled with a menu icon. The state will be saved when a user goes to a new page and can be set by the user.
- Skin that scales appropriately to device resolutions
- Extension support for:
- Page title that is affixed to the header upon scrolling down
- Easy color theming via modifiable CSS classes: (not currently implemented yet)