Scrum of scrums/2015-06-10
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Past week:
- Improved error handling for disabled payments gateways
- Work on templates for payment forms
- Varios other fixes and improvements for payments
- Queuing changes for improved isolation for PCI requirements
- A/B test data on FR dashboard
- CentralNotice: performance improvements and work towards logging a sample of banner history
- Investigate strange banner outage June 1st (currently OK but cause not identified)
- Coming week:
- Mostly more of the same: queueing improvements, A/B test data on dashboard, mustache forms, CN work, various payments and Civi improvements and fixes
- section edit API ( https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T87556 )
- cassandra operations
- logstash logging
- metrics thresholding / notification
- cassandra-based blob caching with expiration ( https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T101093 )
- heads-up: switching off parsoid cache updates ( https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T93291 )
- cxserver moved to logstash. Thanks Marko and Alex for all help!
- Content Translation work continue.
- Link adaption rewrite.
- New shiny Special:ContentTranslationStats page.
- We're going along with MediaWiki train now; no more separate ContentTranslation deployment every week.
More clarification on what data has been lost during tag issue is nice. See: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T100439
- Blocking: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T90683
- Blocked by: (none)
* Was brought up in our weekly but looks like there's now traction https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T99096
* Isolated CI stalled somewhat but checking in tomorrow to hopefully regain traction * Considering some LXC/Docker solution on permanent instances instead of node pool * Deployment working group continuing to hash out requirements * Starting to experiment with git based transport but with extras for binaries * New dashboard for browser test results live in labs * http://raita.wmflabs.org/#builds/latest * Enhancements to be triaged: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/search/query/XDOzqhO4RuuJ/#R * Continuing work on identifying/refactoring/removing flaky tests * Still hiring for Automation Engineer * https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/62416
- Parsoid's dsh-based restarts (post-deploy) will break if ssh agent forwarding is disabled -- we need an alternative. Emailed on engineering list in response to Yuvi's email, and flagged in #mediawiki-operations as well.
- The new Cite CSS module in core got deployed to group0 wikis y'day and will be in all wikis by tomorrow. Heads up to Flow & Lang-engineering teams that this is now available for them to use. Parsoid HTML will soon (pending review) be updated to rely on that new module for styling.
- Will independently work with VE to have them turn on scrubWikitext parameter. Will move more DOM normalizations behind that API param to prevent Parsoid bugs from causing corruptions like https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T101599 on all edits. But, also heads up to Flow & Lang-engineering teams in case they are using that API param.
- Ops for maps stuff, but Giuseppe is on it
- Code review for portal page, which KS will coordinate
- team = (David Strine) :: team
- Call us "Discovery" now :]
- Monday (6/15, 1900 UTC) showcase: Are we failing our users when they search Wikipedia?
- Blocked by: None
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T101233 but there's been a request to lower priority. Perhaps not blocking anymore ?
- T94570. discussed in ops meeting, Alex will assist
- etcd cluster is live. With fake data for now
- Defining and automating how new (nodejs?) services make it to production
- Labs issues, NFS continues to cause problems.
- EQIAD Ganeti cluster has the first production VMs.
- Requested to take a look at: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T101265
- Event Logging seeing increased load but running without a problem since the last patches
- Pageview API discussion ongoing on phabricator and analytics-l: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T44259
- Unique Identifier discussion ongoing, DNT is a possibility again, details to be decided by C-levels in July
- Moving Event Logging to Kafka is progressing well, we're looking to start testing the new pipeline once the Visual Editor A/B test is completed tomorrow
- Continued converting LQT to Flow on MediaWiki.org. 21 additional pages were converted. There was a problem due to packaging changes breaking Lua on terbium, which in turn broke Scribunto. However, this was successfully worked around for the 21 pages. 3 pages failed to start due to this. A couple more coming enhancements to this conversion.
- Started a new feature, 'Mark as resolved', to change the user experience around locking and unlocking topic.
- Continued patrolling enhancements
- Continued OOjs UI work
- Fixing lots of bugs
- Group password policies
- Wikibase Quality review in progress