Scrum of scrums/2013-12-17
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notable action items
- URGENT: Growth needs review of draft namesapce change for WP (https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/scrum_of_scrums/cards/62)
- Wikidata still blocked on finding go-to person in Ops (https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/scrum_of_scrums/cards/59)
- Wikidata blocked on review for wikidata build step (https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/scrum_of_scrums/cards/61)
- Many opsen are conducting data center tours, limited availability
- No SoS on 24 Dec or 31 Dec due to holidays, will resume as usual on 7 Jan
Since last time
- Maintenance on regression tests, builds are green now.
- Keeping up with VisualEditor
- Keeping up with Flow
- GCI/Community work
- Resolve things with Mobile (https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/scrum_of_scrums/cards/50)
- More Flow
Since last time
- CommonsMetadata continual improvements for exporting image metadata, will be useful for exporting to wikidata in the future
- Refactoring MultimediaViewer (slowly) to make it nicer to use in other projects (via hooks etc.)
- Fixed issues when interacting with VE
Before next time
- Further improvements on CommonsMetadata
- Hopefully starting to use mw.hook for MultimediaViewer
- Maybe some refactoring for UploadWizard, on the road to making it useful to other projects
Slowing us down
- Working on metrics generation has basically been an awful experience, understandably, but we're excited to see improvements on that pipeline, more automation would be awesome
- We had some issues with VE, but could probably fix this by conversing with the frontend teams and sorting out policies for naming etc.
- Done: #4 is done (measure translation characters)
- Working on: new main page for translatewiki.net getting ready for launch (includes sandbox)
- Hairy: Work with Roan on i18n-json continues, json support for MediaWiki extensions done soon at translatewiki.net
- Many off until end of the year
Andrew Otto, Faidon Liambotis, Mark Bergsma
- varnishkafka ganglia (FINALLY) merged and working.
- hope to deploy to rest of mobile varnishes today or tomorrow
- Mark decomissioned all Squid servers and removed squid related puppetization. No more squid!
- much of ops currenty out touring data centers
- 2 ESI headers - Mark and Yuri to talk to Brandon Black about whether a backported patch is hard or simple.
- 3 Support SSL - W0 this morning was talking amongst itself wondering if it would be best for the time being to implement SSL support on case-by-case basis like with X-Forwarded-By...until the hashmapper anyway.
- 17 W0 Varnish Configs - Ops and W0 need to keep the carrier-dependent configuration in place for the time being. Mark and Yuri to talk to Brandon Black about a hashmapper concept.
- 20 Handle trusted x-forward-for header - as far as we can tell, there shouldn't be additional extra work on this given our approach with Varnish. We believe this can be closed.
- 38 X-Forwarded-By review - this has been implemented, and we're doing some last minute verifications.
- 53 W0 dashboards - Toby, Chris, Dan, Yuri, and Adam spoke last week. Chris to backfill pending dashboards, Dan to email team anytime a configuration's language-project-subdomain support changes.
- 57 Firefox OS exploration - Jon and Adam have a basic proof of concept. It needs navigation. A change in core (including ResourceLoader) is the easiest way to make cache manifests work smoothly.
- We're having a sprint-break atm
- Developers are mainly doing refactoring tasks
- Not much development will go on from Friday on until Jan 6th
- blocker for beta-depoyment from one repository (a.k.a. "Wikidata-Build-Step"):
change needs review (Reedy): https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/95996/
- Still blocked by ops on https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/scrum_of_scrums/cards/59
- Draft namespace for English Wikipedia - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/97675/ - Needs review today
- Use time of page move rather than page creation time - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/94403/ - PageTriage - Needs review
- Getting started API for listing task types (not blocked)
S Page Deployed on mw.org!, no outstanding dependencies