Scrum of scrums/2013-12-10
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notable action items
- W0 having discussion with ops on Thursday RE all open dependencies
- W0 to coordinate with Analytics RE dashboards (#53)
- Mobile web to determine QA needs during next week's quarterly planning (#51)
- Various VE/Language dependencies around jsonification stuff (#58)
- VE blocked on design!
- Wikidata blocked by Ops on finding a go-to person (#59)
- Language blocked by Analytics on reviewing a patchset RE measuring google translations (#4)
- Mobile web blocked by Ops on moving forward with WAP deprecation (#54)
- #2 ESI Headers - Adam & Yuri talking with Ops on Thursday
- #3 Support SSL - Adam & Yuri talking with Ops on Thursday
- #17 W0 Varnish Configs - this is complete; nonetheless, Adam & Yuri talking with Ops on Thursday and hope to determine if we can remove extensive if-elseifs in VCL
- #20 Handle trusted x-forward-for header: Adam & Yuri talking with Ops on Thursday
- #38 X-Fowarded-By review - Adam & Yuri talking with Ops on Thursday
- #53 W0 dashboards - Dan Foy talking with Toby soon
- #55 Click-to-view & cache variance - Dan Foy talking with BizOps team about whether this is a must-have feature; also, Adam & Yuri to talk with Ops on Thursday
Core Features (Flow)
- Not attending, deploying later today! (card #24)
- Excellent security review feedback, thanks.
- Since last time: sorted a number of issues, I removed a number of cards from the wall.
- Upcoming: multiple meetings with Mobile team for activities and priorities
- Impediments: nothing new or unusual.
- Want to support mobile right now since Michelle is gone.
- Jeff meeting with Tomasz later this week.
- Mobile web to put together desires for QA during next week's quarterly planning
- Glam wiki going out sometime soon, possible swift impact, Antoine notified about it.
Bryan Davis, Greg Grossmeier
- Scholarships puppet config has been created and applied to zirconium
- Scholarships dns change and app deploy waiting pending security review
- Logstash puppet config in progress:
- Elasticsearch running on logstash100[1-3] and monitored in ganglia
- Logstash package in apt
- Working on a logstash class to configure
- Scholarships should complete security review this week
- Hope to deploy next Thursday
- Logstash will continue move forward
- Jeff Gage starting this Wednesday!
- Ops folks visiting many datacenters this week
- Getting volunteers to clean up and prepare labs instances for migration to eqiad, limited success.
- New varnish builds being deployed this week for some bugfixes
- Upgrading MySQL to 5.5.34 on most boxes (was 5.5.30)
- varnishkafka deployed to 3 mobile hosts, woo! http://ganglia.wikimedia.org/latest/?r=day&cs=&ce=&tab=v&vn=varnishkafka&hide-hf=false
- will deploy to remaining mobile hosts this week, or early next.
- Magnus now started work on kafkatee, a kafka -> udp2log format consumer. Should be drop in replacement for udp2log.
- Nodejs upgraded to 0.10 for Parsoid (et al) then rolled back to 0.8 due to memory leak
- Multiple performance/error issues being debugged at the same time
- Deployed MediaWiki OAuth to Wikimetrics (we only use it for pseudo-authentication for now).
- Deployed the webstatscollector update and vetted the results. The new data shows a decrease in pageviews, but it seems to be an organic one.
- Special page in CentralAuth was being counted, now it's not
- Still waiting on W0 for how to move forward with dashboards (#53)
- i18n migration
- Migrating i18n storage from PHP to JSON
- Migrating VE standalone to use jquery.i18n with JSON (so it's actually standalone)
- Filed bugs in jquery.i18n with language team (#58)
- VE team to implement LocalisationUpdate support for JSON
- nodejs upgrade (Parsoid)
- Parsoid team ran into problems with nodejs upgrade to 0.10, Gabriel (Parsoid) and Faidon (ops) sorting it out
- Rob still helping mobile team with VE alpha
- Timo doing CI stuff
- Blocked on design for a lot of things...
- Goto person in ops? Looking for performance hints (#59)
- Going to email Erik, Ken and Faidon.
- Draft namespace for English Wikipedia
- Getting started API for ??? task types
- Starting work on i18n file formats with VE
- #30 Replag environment on labs has been set up, might have questions later
- #4 Translation measurement, patch in gerrit, would like review ;)
- Still awaiting feedback from ops on WAP deprecation questions (#54)
- Ongoing 500 errors on betalabs (#49)
- Work on Limn graph issues scheduled for this iteration (#44)
- Want some post deployment help from QA group to make sure things are ok.
- Will be doing quarterly planning soon, will hammer out specifically what is wanted from QA