Reading/Multimedia/Retrospectives/2019-09-13

From mediawiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search


2019-09-13

Previous Action Items

  • Adopt a feature-specific meeting for the next major milestone [Ramsey] [pending new major milestone - carry forward]
  • [Michael] Add wikibase client and repo as dependencies in extension.json and delete the configured dependency on wikibase in the integration/config repository [Michael not present - carry forward]
    • James was right, this won't work, at least until https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T88258 is resolved. --MDH
  • Max to send to email list [All done]
    • Testing has fallen to the wayside a little bit in the race to get features launched (I am as guilty of this as anyone)
    • I'm not really sure we have a process for refactoring and deciding what refactoring to do - do we need one?
    • In the vein of user docs (as above), perhaps we should focus equally on dev documentation in future/now/yesterday

What are we doing that we should keep doing?

  • Wednesday office hours+100
    • Mark: More than once a week?
    • [all]: Nah
  • Ensuring that user testing guides design of new features :D
  • Spending some time to catch our breaths and figure out what/how to build next before charging right into it +1
    • Will start with using Story meeting next Tuesday.
  • Appreciating each other!
  • Attempting to use a shared library for testing so that some work can be shared across teams (still in early stages, so we'll see how this goes; good idea in theory)

What are we doing that we should stop doing?

  • Apologizing for bringing up points :) +1
    • Apropos of nothing in particular, of course

What aren't we doing that we should start doing?

  • Talk about campaigns?
  • More consultation with community before we release a feature that no one is going to use (at least not at the moment) +1
  • (partially addressed above?)
  • Formulate back-up plans for next year's work
  • Do we have front-up plans? (loose ones, yes)

Action Items

  • Amanda: Story meeting next week to be used for next milestone clarity/planning
  • Eric: Eric and Anne to talk about shared libraries with Jon Robson
    • Danger, Jon Robinson (ok I MIGHT complain about this one in IRC)
  • In the glorious future: Schedule meeting to discuss the fate of the campaigns features, when appropriate (Monday's planning meeting?)
  • Ramsey: Adopt a feature-specific meeting for the next major milestone [carried forward]
  • Michael: Add wikibase client and repo as dependencies in extension.json and delete the configured dependency on wikibase in the integration/config repository [carried forward for further reporting]
    • James was right, this won't work, at least until https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T88258 is resolved. --MDH