Jump to navigation Jump to search
Previous Action Items
- Matthias to dig up some UploadWizard tickets and see if they are worth prioritizing (Ramsey)
- Max to email list to see what we can do about
- getting a sense of accomplishment (via resolution of tasks probably)
- Figuring out how to verify tasks on prod without clogging board)
- Use email@example.com for discussion of ad-hoc ticket needs/emergencies
What are we doing that we should keep doing?
- Having time this week to focus on testing work was valuable, even if we don't have the system in place to do much with Selenium, etc; let's continue setting aside time for test automation and find other ways to do it productively
- For QA, putting whether something was tested on Beta or Test Commons in the phab ticket - very helpful, thanks! +1
- Reaching out to other teams as we notice issues/blockers -- helps raise visibility of some long standing problems that could be addressed
- Ad hoc bugs are getting exterminated quickly and fairly thoroughly despite the craziness involved sometimes
- Collaborating and communicating across the team in general
- Usability testing :)
- Design walk-through w/Pam was useful and quick way to ensure things were correct +1
What are we doing that we should stop doing?
- Assuming we can write tests in a week? Maybe reasonably should have had longer time line
- I'm in full-on panic mode atm, which I'd like to get out of :p ... or maybe not panic, but v frustratedselenium brings that out in people :(+1 on frustration about this
- ^ Don't panic! Where's your towel?
- haha :D
What aren't we doing that we should we start doing?
- Find non-Selenium ways to do automated testing work (I still think more JS unit tests could help)
- a regular weekly or twice a month day when we try to improve tests?
- Celebrating more? Amanda (not present) mentioned that she was surprised at the team tone when she returned, considering recent successes +1
- We don't prematurely celebrate :) [still many things to do]
- the team tone? you mean we're all bummed out cos we haven't released yet?
Topics voted up (as needed)
- HANA: Talk through how to get selenium testing into our current workflow+1 to dev chat on this
- Eric: Make tickets about unit testing and how to get that working
- Could lead to norm about making unit tests when writing new code