The Product Analytics team is responsible for defining and calculating a set of metrics for the overall health of the movement.
We report these metrics monthly by the 15th of the following month (or the next business day if the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday).
Our reports are used in the following ways:
- Reviewed in the People Product Manager meeting every month.
- Posted on Wikimedia Product for public access
- Compiled on a quarterly basis for presentation to the Board of Trustees
Platform evolution and structured data
- Briefly identify any key trends (the "what") and one key story to focus on each month.
- Draft Executive Summary and create highlights slides for Key Product Metrics: deck.
- Once the slides are completed,
- upload the month's slides to Commons as a PDF (you can use the May 2020 report as a guide), and add “WMF Product Analytics” category when uploading.
- update Wikimedia Audiences#Metrics and Product_Analytics page to include the PDF you just uploaded.
- Add the highlights to the Executive Team Weekly Report (example from 29 March, 2022)
- The metrics numbers will be available for WMF staff to use in the Google spreadsheets : editors and readers