< MeetingsJump to navigation Jump to search
|What||Weekly open meetings of the Wikimedia technology community to discuss technical issues, architectural challenges and process improvements.|
|How||We're using a combination of Google Hangout on Air (an open YouTube stream from the 6th floor of the WMF office) + potential additional Hangout guest speakers + IRC for text-based communication. There's no attendance limit. You don't need Hangout to participate -- if you can play YouTube videos and join IRC, you're fine.|
|When||Thursday, December 13, 2012, 20:30 UTC (12:30 PST), 60–90 minutes|
|Food||It's a brown bag - bring your own :)|
- QA update: browser test automation overview
- i18n dos and don'ts by Amir Aharoni
- Multilingual user testing for improving the Translate extension by Pau Giner (Google Docs presentation) (slides)
- lightning talk by adam hyde
Proposed outline for browser testing walkthrough
Background, History and Overview
- Why Ruby?
- Tech factors
- Human factors
- Why not Python?
- Why not PHP?
- Why Cloudbees hosted service instead of WMF/labs systems?
Three tiered architecture implements accepted design patterns. Each tier has unique appeal to certain communities we would like to attract to the project. Examples to be shown in real working code.
- Page Object design pattern implemented in standard page_object library (Ruby gem).
- Tying Cucumber Scenarios to Page Objects with test steps