Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Database settings: $wgDBtype|
|Type of database.
|Introduced in version:||1.3.0|
|Removed in version:||still in use|
|Allowed values:||"mssql", "mysql", "oracle", "postgres", "sqlite"|
|Other settings: Alphabetical | By function|
Type of database.
- 'mysql' - MySQL or MariaDB (Will default to the newer MySQLi driver if enabled on the server. Otherwise, falls back to the legacy MySQL driver.)
- 'postgres' - PostgreSQL (introduced in 1.7)
- 'sqlite' - SQLite (introduced in 1.13)
- 'mssql' - MS-SQL (removed in 1.34)
- 'oracle' - Oracle (introduced in 1.5) (removed in 1.34)
Older versions may have used "pgsql" or "PostgreSQL" instead of "postgres". The documentation was updated to use "postgres" in 1.8.0, but the switch may have been made earlier.