Jump to navigation Jump to search
git-remote-mediawiki is a tool that lets you:
- Read the text of a MediaWiki instance offline, including all history.
- Modify a wiki super-fast through local edits, and then use the push command to synchronize.
- Delete pages and remove spam without having to dishearteningly see the spam on your live wiki.
It might be for you if:
- Your wiki is not enormous (at the moment, it scales poorly when a wiki has >1000 pages) or you want to edit only a small set of pages or categories.
- You like the idea of seeing all the pages in your wiki as files on your computer.
- You are interested in/willing to use command-line tools to interact with your wiki
- It's especially fun if you are a big git addict. (: