Front-end standards group
Project / workboard
Much of this group's work is in the Phabricator Front-end standards workboard.
If you like to raise attention about a specific topic to a forthcoming meeting, please add it to the group's Etherpad.
Note: For name differences see Phab project creation rules. With spaces or underscores, the project cannot be mentioned in Markdown.
Responsible for planning and implementing the software being standardized on.
- Andrew Russel Green (Fundraising Tech)
- Bartosz Dziewoński (Contributors > Editing)
- Corey Floyd (Readers > Web)
- Ed Sanders (Contributors > Editing)
- James Forrester (Contributors)
- Jan Drewniak (Readers)
- Joaquin Oltra Hernandez (Readers > Web)
- Jon Robson (Readers > Web)
- Moriel Schottlender (Contributors > Collaboration)
- Prateek Saxena (Contributors > Design)
- Roan Kattouw (Contributors > Collaboration)
- Santhosh Thottingal (Contributors > Language)
- Timo Tijhof (Performance)
- Volker Eckl (Contributors > UI Standardization)
Responsible for providing additional oversight during planning and implementation.
- Trevor Parscal (Contributors)
- Brion Vibber (MediaWiki)
- Derk-Jan Hartman (Community)
- Florian Schmidt-Welzow (Community)
Brought in as needed to share knowledge of specific features and systems.
- Collaboration: Matt Flaschen
- Design: Pau Giner
- Mobile Apps: Monte Hurd
- Community skin authors
Meetings are held alternating bi-weekly from
- 08:30am to 08:50am or
- 11:00am to 11:50am on Wednesdays (Pacific Time)
- Develop, improve and document libraries and features to standardize on. See the roadmap for more details.
- Use standard libraries throughout Wikimedia software projects, and support other projects in doing the same.
- Share technologies and techniques between all projects
Previous meetings (Archive)
- 2017-04-12 – Make it impossible to ship unoptimized SVGs; How to bring WikimediaUI Base to core; jsduck alternative
- 2017-03-08 – Replacement of
OO.mfExtend; Hamburgers on UC Mini; Module RFC
- 2017-02-22 – Wikidata's next UI library?
- 2017-02-08 – Log modules enqueued with invalid module target; Group workboard's inbox cleanup
- 2017-01-25 – Static Site (Generators) and TranslateWiki?
- 2016-10-26 –
- 2016-10-12 – Participate in finding stylelint rules for wikimedia-config-stylelint; OOjs UI Widgets apply `box-sizing: border-box` as general rule?; Moment.js in core?
2016-06-29– Wasn't held because of Wikimania