Attending: Andrew G, Bartosz D, Eric G, Stephen N, Ed S
Action & Code
- It's now possible to define custom OOUI icon packs (thanks Bartosz!), which are helping to minimize the payload of OOUI based interfaces and first application of such.
- Replace `em` based sizing in favor of `px` based where applicable (in OOUI's WikimediaUI theme). https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T220671 [Volker E.; absent]
- I've given an overview in the task description of why this approach of `em` and `px` side-by-side is needed among certain usability and accessibility aspects in our environment. While we should also reduce `em` based calculations to the minimum as it's a huge maintenance burden without convincing, consistent application in our products nor at other comparable websites.
- Patch is up at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/oojs/ui/+/514970/, I also plan to document this approach at mediawiki.org if it finds agreement and acceptance.
- Decide how to configure ESLint rules and ignores – documentation to be finished
- Decide whether we want the package-lock.json to commit or ignore resolved (thanks James F. and all others involved)!
- Set root: true in eslintrc.json resolved!