This page is currently a draft.
More information and discussion about changes to this draft may be on the discussion page.
Please do not mark this page for translation yet.
It is still being drafted.
Release status: beta
|Implementation||User rights, Special page|
|Description||Module for OATHAuth that enabled authentication using WebAuthn|
|Latest version||Continuous updates|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the WebAuthn extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
WebAuthn is a module for OATHAuth extension that provides authentication using WebAuthn API. It enables support for logging-in using physical security tokens or biometric sensors along with regular password. Learn more.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Only when installing from git run Composer to install PHP dependencies, by issuing
composer install --no-devin the extension directory. (See T173141 for potential complications.)
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'WebAuthn' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
List of all supported web browsers can be found on Mozilla Developer Network.
- Chrome 67+
- Edge 18+
- Firefox 60+
- Android WebView 70+
- Chrome for Android 70+
- Firefox for Android 60+
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|