This page is currently a draft.
Please do not mark this page for translation yet.
It is still being drafted.
Release status: beta
|Implementation||User rights, Special page|
|Description||Module for OATHAuth that enabled authentication using WebAuthn|
|Latest version||Continuous updates|
|Compatibility policy||Master maintains backwards compatibility.|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the WebAuthn extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
WebAuthn is a module for OATHAuth extension that provides authentication using WebAuthn API. It enables support for logging-in using physical security tokens or biometric sensors along with regular password. Learn more.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Only when installing from git run Composer to install PHP dependencies, by issuing
composer install --no-devin the extension directory. (See task T173141 for potential complications.)
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'WebAuthn' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
List of all supported web browsers can be found on Mozilla Developer Network.
- Chrome 67+
- Edge 18+
- Firefox 60+
- Android WebView 70+
- Chrome for Android 70+
- Firefox for Android 60+
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|