Release status: stable
|Description||Provides a title prefix search suggestion backend|
|Author(s)||Brion Vibber (Brion VIBBERtalk)|
|Latest version||continuous updates|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the TitleKey extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The TitleKey extension provides a case-insensitive title prefix search. It uses a separate table for the keys, so if it works cleanly it can be deployed without an expensive rebuild of core tables, and dumped when Wikimedia gets a nicer backend through MWSearch extension.
For the average site administrator, the benefit of this extension is that it allows search suggestions (e.g. from Opensearch API) to be case-insensitive.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
require_once "$IP/extensions/TitleKey/TitleKey.php"; $wgEnableMWSuggest = true; #Not needed if using MediaWiki 1.20+
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Run the rebuildTitleKeys.php script (this requires command-line access):
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
If you put, e.g.,
require_once( "/home/stauffenbergssh/extensions/TitleKey/TitleKey.php" ); you might get "Failed opening required '/home/stauffenbergssh/extensions/TitleKey/../../maintenance/Maintenance.php'"". To fix it, you would put a copy of the Titlekey directory under your wiki extensions folder (rather than in an extensions folder outside of webroot).
- TitleKey does provide benefit if your wiki has redirects that cross from one namespace into another, and you want these redirects to show up in the wiki search box as auto-suggestions. CirrusSearch does not support prefix search for cross-namespace redirects, but TitleKey will make them work. See ticket T146678.
|Language:||English • français|