Release status: stable
|Provides a case-insensitive page title prefix search
|GNU General Public License 2.0 or later
|78 (Ranked 80th)
|Translate the TitleKey extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Open tasks · Report a bug
The TitleKey extension provides a case-insensitive page title prefix search. It uses a separate table for the keys, so it can be deployed without an expensive rebuild of core tables, and uninstalled later in preference for a different search extension such as CirrusSearch.
For the average site administrator, the benefit of this extension is that it allows search suggestions (e.g. from Opensearch API) to be case-insensitive.
- Download and move the extracted
TitleKeyfolder to your
Developers and code contributors should install the extension from Git instead, using:
git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/extensions/TitleKey
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file:
wfLoadExtension( 'TitleKey' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Run the "rebuildTitleKeys.php" script (this requires command-line access):Or, for MediaWiki prior to 1.40:
$ path/to/mediawiki/maintenance/run RebuildTitleKeys
$ php path/to/mediawiki/extensions/TitleKey/maintenance/rebuildTitleKeys.php
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
|This extension is included in the following wiki farms/hosts and/or packages: