Release status: beta
|Description||Provides an API for spell-checking|
|Author(s)||Amir E. Aharoni (Amire80talk)|
|Latest version||0.1 (2013-02-13)|
|License||GPL v2.0 or later|
Translate the SpellingApi extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix;|
The SpellingApi extension adds an API module for checking the spelling of texts. It uses the PHP pspell library, so it must be installed on the server.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/SpellingApi/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.