Release status: stable
|Description||Allows for elections, polls and surveys|
|License||GPL v2 or later|
Translate the SecurePoll extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The SecurePoll extension is a special page extension for elections, polls and surveys. It is used for Wikimedia Foundation Board elections and arbitration committee elections, and was used for the Wikimedia license transition vote among other things.
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called SecurePoll in your extensions/ folder.
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Usage[edit | edit source]
||IMPORTANT: The content of this page is outdated. If you have checked or updated this page and found the content to be suitable, please remove this notice.|
Currently, to create a new poll, it's required to:
- write an XML file
- import it using the import.php CLI command
in the tests folder you can find four example files:
to import a poll run from the cli folder:
extensions/SecurePoll/cli$ php import.php ../test/3way-test.xml
Now visit Special:SecurePoll and you will see your poll.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|