Release status: unknown
|Description||Convert Macromedia RoboHelp Topics to MediaWiki pages.|
|Author(s)||The JK Group, Inc. |
|MediaWiki||1.7 through 1.11 (1.15.1 if source code is updated as per discussion)|
|License||No license specified|
Translate the RoboHelp2Wiki extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
- RoboHelp X5.0.2 through Adobe RoboHelp 8
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 or later
- Login to a MediaWiki Wiki 1.7 through 1.11 (1.15.1 if source code is updated as per discussion)
Step 1 RoboHelp
- From within RoboHelp, move all image files in RoboHelp to a root directory called images
- Generate a XML Output file from the Single Source Layouts. To do that, you have to choose the option Export Project to XHMTL
- Note the name of the XML Project.
Step 2 RoboHelp2Wiki
- Install JRE 5.0 or later if not done.
- The software is written in Java and requires JRE 5 or later. It requires several Apache classes, which are included
- Unzip RoboHelp2Wiki zip file to a working directory,
- Modify config/config.properties file to proper settings (See sample below)
- Upload XML Output to wiki server using java -jar RoboHelp2Wiki.jar <workingDirectory> <xml|image>
where "xml" uploads the Robohelp exported xml data and "image" uploads the images.
Step 3 Wiki
- Look for new file called Robo2Wiki Conversion Notes MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS providing the log of pages uploaded and the RoboHelp Glossary.
- Copy Glossary to its own page, if desired.
Sample Config File
##RoboHelp File Information based on Standard RoboHelp Directory Structure RoboXMLExportDir=C:\\TestFiles\\!SSL!\\XML_Output RoboXMLProjectFile=TestFiles.XML ## General Config properties. This directory MUST EXIST TempWorkSpaceDir=C:\\wiki\\tmp Newline=\n ##MediaWiki Properties - MUST CHANGE TO YOUR MEDIAWIKI SETTINGS WikiURL=http://www.[yourdomain].com/Wiki/index.php WikiLoginName=w WikiLoginPassword=w ##MediaWiki Properties for Version 1.7 and Version 1.8 WikiImageUploadURL=?title=Special:Upload WikiLoginFormActionURL=?title=Special:Userlogin&action=submitlogin&type=login&returnto=Main_Page ## number of files to be uploaded. used for testing. ## set to -1 for complete uploads. MaxFileNo=-1 ##Debugging Switch ON/OFF Debugging=OFF
RoboHelp2Wiki is a product of The JK Group, Inc. released under GNU General Public License 2.0.
Requires Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 or later, RoboHelp HTML X5.0.2 Build 801 through Adobe RoboHelp 8, and MediaWiki Version 1.7 through 1.15.1
RoboHelp is a product of Adobe Systems Incorporated., 
Mediawiki is a wiki engine released by Mediawiki.org,
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 is a product of Sun Microsystems