Jump to navigation Jump to search
Release status: stable
|Description||Provides a special page with a list of talk pages that do not have an accompanying page|
|Latest version||1.1.1 (2018-10-08)|
|Compatibility policy||release branches|
|Translate the OrphanedTalkPages extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The OrphanedTalkPages extension adds a new Special page to MediaWiki: Special:OrphanedTalkPages. This special page lists all talk pages that do not have an accompanying page.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'OrphanedTalkPages' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- Controls which talk namespaces should be ignored when looking for orphaned talk pages. This variable is an array of namespace ids and is empty by default.
- Determines if the user talk namespace (3, or NS_USER_TALK) should be ignored when looking for orphaned talk pages. This variable is a boolean and set to true by default.
Other important notes
- The query that this special page uses is considered expensive. This means that when
$wgMiserModeis enabled, the results will be served from cache.
- The special page may report talk pages as orphaned when they are not. The most common situation where this happens is File talk pages when