Release status: stable
|Description||Allows to upload multiple files via the editor including drag & drop|
|Author(s)||Martin Schwindl, Martin Keyler and Felipe Schenone|
|Latest version||12.0 (2016-02-09)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the MsUpload extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The MsUpload extension allows users to upload multiple files from the edit interface, including by drag & drop files.
- MsUpload functions
- Allows user to easily upload one or multiple files simultaneously.
- File upload integrated in the editor.
- Upload via drag and drop (if HTML5 is available in browser).
- Embed the file into the editor as a link.
- Change the name of the file before uploading.
- Additional functions
- Add files to the current category
- Embed the files into the editor as a list of MsLinks (you need Extension:MsLinks)
- Embed the files into the editor as a gallery
- You should know
- Without HTML5 support Adobe Flash is used
- The maximum filesize depends on Mediawiki settings but a higher limit may be set.
- Uses the plupload upload handler, which comes included with the extension
- Adds an upload icon to the editor and WikiEditor.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'MsUpload' );
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing extensions using
wfLoadExtension(), since MediaWiki 1.25. If you need to install this extension in earlier versions, instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'MsUpload' );, you need to use:
Extension specific parameters
Below are the configuration variables of the extension that you can set in your LocalSettings.php, with their defaults:
$wgMSU_useDragDrop = true; // Should the drag & drop area be shown? $wgMSU_showAutoCat = true; // If true, files uploaded while editing a category will be added to that category $wgMSU_checkAutoCat = true; // Whether the checkbox for the above mentioned case is checked by default $wgMSU_useMsLinks = false; // Should we allow to insert links in the style of the Extension:MsLinks? $wgMSU_confirmReplace = true; // Show the "Replace file?" checkbox $wgMSU_imgParams = '400px'; // The default parameters for inserted images
Relevant global configuration variables
Below are some of the relevant global configuration variables that you can set in your LocalSettings.php:
$wgEnableWriteAPI = true; // Enable the API $wgEnableUploads = true; // Enable uploads $wgAllowJavaUploads = true; // Solves problem with Office 2007 and newer files (docx, xlsx, etc.) $wgGroupPermissions['user']['upload'] = true; // Allow regular users to upload files // Make sure that the file types you want to upload are allowed: $wgFileExtensions = array('png','gif','jpg','jpeg','doc','xls','pdf','ppt','tiff','bmp','docx','xlsx','pptx');
Configuration with PdfHandler
Extension:PdfHandler allows to upload PDF files and automatically generates thumbnails and image files. MsUpload offers to include images to a page. However, MsUpload does not allow PDFs to be displayed as images. In order to enable this edit the MsUpload.js file, search for
switch and add
case 'pdf': to it.
- Version 10.0
- Code structure and style updated to 2014 standards
- Version 9.5.1
- Version 9.5
- Image preview
- Improved CheckFiles function
- Bug-fixing ie8
- File instead of Image for gallery
- Old sajax functions replaced by $.ajax/$.get
- Removed function SpecialUpload::ajaxGetExistsWarning replaced by API request
- Plupload 2.0 implemented
- Lithuanian language (Vitas Povilaitis)
- Hebrew language (JNF)
- French language (Marc MORA)
- Version 9.4
- Drop-Zone can be disabled in LocalSettings
- An image-thumbnail will be displayed after upload
- Mediawiki-API for text-insertion is used
- Clear-all link added (remove all uploaded files from list)
- Version 9.3
- Bug-Fix IE
- Tested in mw1.20.2
- Plupload 1.5.5
- Japanese language (Kouichi Nishizawa)
- Italian language (teokraba)
- Spanish language (Hernan Hegykozi)
- New upload icon
When this shows up: "This file did not pass file verification" add the following to LocalSettings.php
$wgAllowJavaUploads = true;
If this is not enough additionally set the following in LocalSettings.php (works for MW 22 & 24)
$wgVerifyMimeType = false;
If you still cannot upload "ppt" files, try to save them as "pptx" and upload the "pptx" version.