Release status: stable
|Description||Allows to upload multiple files via the editor including drag & drop|
|Author(s)||Martin Schwindl, Martin Keyler and Felipe Schenone|
|Latest version||12.0 (2016-02-09)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the MsUpload extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The MsUpload extension allows users to upload multiple files from the edit interface, including by drag & drop files.
- MsUpload functions
- Allows user to easily upload one or multiple files simultaneously.
- File upload integrated in the editor.
- Upload via drag and drop (if HTML5 is available in browser).
- Embed the file into the editor as a link.
- Change the name of the file before uploading.
- Additional functions
- Add files to the current category
- Embed the files into the editor as a list of MsLinks (you need Extension:MsLinks)
- Embed the files into the editor as a gallery
- You should know
- Without HTML5 support Adobe Flash is used
- The maximum filesize depends on Mediawiki settings but a lower limit may be set.
- Uses the plupload upload handler, which comes included with the extension
- Adds an upload icon to the editor and WikiEditor.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'MsUpload' );
- Install the WikiEditor extension
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.25 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
wfLoadExtension() If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.25 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'MsUpload' );, you need to use:
Extension specific parameters
Below are the configuration variables of the extension that you can set in your LocalSettings.php, with their defaults:
$wgMSU_useDragDrop = true; // Should the drag & drop area be shown? (Not set by default) $wgMSU_showAutoCat = true; // If true, files uploaded while editing a category will be added to that category $wgMSU_checkAutoCat = true; // Whether the checkbox for the above mentioned case is checked by default $wgMSU_useMsLinks = false; // Should we allow to insert links in the style of the Extension:MsLinks? $wgMSU_confirmReplace = true; // Show the "Replace file?" checkbox $wgMSU_imgParams = '400px'; // The default parameters for inserted images
Relevant global configuration variables
Below are some of the relevant global configuration variables that you can set in your LocalSettings.php:
$wgEnableWriteAPI = true; // Enable the API $wgEnableUploads = true; // Enable uploads $wgAllowJavaUploads = true; // Solves problem with Office 2007 and newer files (docx, xlsx, etc.) $wgGroupPermissions['user']['upload'] = true; // Allow regular users to upload files // Make sure that the file types you want to upload are allowed: $wgFileExtensions = array('png','gif','jpg','jpeg','doc','xls','pdf','ppt','tiff','bmp','docx','xlsx','pptx');
Configuration with PdfHandler
Extension:PdfHandler allows to upload PDF files and automatically generates thumbnails and image files. MsUpload offers to include images to a page. However, MsUpload does not allow PDFs to be displayed as images. In order to enable this edit the MsUpload.js file, search for
switch and add
case 'pdf': to it.
- Version 10.0
- Code structure and style updated to 2014 standards
- Version 9.5.1
- Version 9.5
- Image preview
- Improved CheckFiles function
- Bug-fixing ie8
- File instead of Image for gallery
- Old sajax functions replaced by $.ajax/$.get
- Removed function SpecialUpload::ajaxGetExistsWarning replaced by API request
- Plupload 2.0 implemented
- Lithuanian language (Vitas Povilaitis)
- Hebrew language (JNF)
- French language (Marc MORA)
- Version 9.4
- Drop-Zone can be disabled in LocalSettings
- An image-thumbnail will be displayed after upload
- Mediawiki-API for text-insertion is used
- Clear-all link added (remove all uploaded files from list)
- Version 9.3
- Bug-Fix IE
- Tested in mw1.20.2
- Plupload 1.5.5
- Japanese language (Kouichi Nishizawa)
- Italian language (teokraba)
- Spanish language (Hernan Hegykozi)
- New upload icon
When this shows up: "This file did not pass file verification" add the following to LocalSettings.php
$wgAllowJavaUploads = true;
If this is not enough additionally set the following in LocalSettings.php (works for MW 22 & 24)
$wgVerifyMimeType = false;
If you still cannot upload "ppt" files, try to save them as "pptx" and upload the "pptx" version.