Release status: beta
|Author(s)||Kunal Mehta (legoktmtalk)|
Translate the HelpPages extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
HelpPages is a MediaWiki extension that will automatically download pages in the Help namespace from mediawiki.org if they do not exist locally.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/HelpPages/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
I don't know where to report bugs for this extension. So I report it here:
In my MediaWiki 12.4.1 installation there is this repeated error message (in Apache2 logs):
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/withoutvowels/web/w/extensions/HelpPages/HelpPages.body.php on line 86
I see "There is currently no text in this page." message at my help pages, even despite Special:Version shows that HelpPages extension is installed. This bug disappeared for me. I have MediaWiki 1.24.1.
Probably this bug is related with this MediaWiki bug.