Release status: beta
|Author(s)||Kunal Mehta (legoktmtalk)|
Translate the HelpPages extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
HelpPages is a MediaWiki extension that will automatically download pages in the Help namespace from mediawiki.org if they do not exist locally.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/HelpPages/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'HelpPages' );
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
wfLoadExtension() If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'HelpPages' );, you need to use:
I don't know where to report bugs for this extension. So I report it here:
In my MediaWiki 12.4.1 installation there is this repeated error message (in Apache2 logs):
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/withoutvowels/web/w/extensions/HelpPages/HelpPages.body.php on line 86
I see "There is currently no text in this page." message at my help pages, even despite Special:Version shows that HelpPages extension is installed. This bug disappeared for me. I have MediaWiki 1.24.1.
Probably this bug is related with this MediaWiki bug.