Release status: beta
|Description||Allows a user to set global (wikifarm-wide) user preferences|
|Author(s)||Kunal Mehta (Legoktmtalk)|
|Latest version||0.1.2 (2015-11-27)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the GlobalPreferences extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The GlobalPreferences extension allows a user to decide which user preferences to set as global (wikifarm-wide) and which to keep local. For example, you can set your skin to be the same on all wikis, but have different watchlist settings on different wikis.
$wgSharedTables includes the
user_properties database table. One global preferences table is enough for most use cases, but this extension is useful for use cases such as:
- One wiki has a preference hidden with $wgHiddenPrefs, and another doesn't.
- A user wants to set a different skin on each wiki
- Two wikis have two different gadgets named the same.
- A wiki has an extension installed which sets a preference, but that extension is not enabled on another wiki in the farm
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'GlobalPreferences' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
$wgGlobalPreferencesDB: Database to store preferences in. If null, uses $wgDBname.