EMWCon Spring 2020
The Enterprise Mediawiki Conference Spring 2020, or EMWCon Spring 2020, will be held on April 1-3, 2020 in Sandusky, Ohio (50 miles west of Cleveland). EMWCon is a three-day conference featuring discussions of topics related to "Enterprise MediaWiki", i.e. the usage of MediaWiki software by and within companies, non-profits, governments, and other organizations. The intended audience of EMWCon Spring 2020 is anyone who uses, or would like to learn to more about, MediaWiki within organizations.
- Announcement: HERE
- Date/time: 9 AM - 5 PM, April 1-3, 2020
- Location: Kalahari Resorts Sandusky, 7000 Kalahari Dr, Sandusky, OH 44870 (see Google map)
- Venue Map: https://www.kalaharimeetings.com/media/4347/oh-floorplan-capacity-chart.pdf
- Chat URL: https://riot.im/app/#/room/#emwcon:matrix.org
- Social media: Please use the hashtag #EMWCon
- YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQVG_tuf3Q2fji-CwqEDRJpZuf23wevrq
- Etherpad for MWStake meeting: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/EMWCon2020MWStake
To register for EMWCon, please go to the EMWCon Spring 2019 page at Eventbrite.
The cost for the three-day event is:
- $450 - corporate rate
- $150 - students and freelancers
(If you would be paying your own way, go with the lower rate. If your company or organization is paying, the corporate rate applies.)
If you would like to give one or more talks, please put the talk title and your name below.
- "Data Everywhere: Opportunities and Challenges for Enterprise MediaWiki" - Yaron Koren
To give a short (5 minutes or so) lightning talk, plus put the title and your name below.
- Mediawiker SublimeText plugin - why this is the best thing ever & how to set up - Megan
We are planning to a provide a tour of NASA's Plum Brook Station:
- details tbd
We are planning a few social activities:
- Dinner (tbd)
Tuesday evening meetup
Unofficial conference sign-up
To indicate that you are interested in attending, please add your name below. (And if you do plan to attend, it is a good idea to "watch" this page, for further updates.)
- Richard Evans
- Yaron Koren
- Cindy Cicalese
- Ike Hecht
- Peter Meyer
- Megan Cutrofello
- Bryan Hilderbrand
- Greg Rundlett
- Bawolff (talk) 22:53, 30 December 2019 (UTC)
- Stanley Gould
- Billy Coffield
- Sam Wilson
- Vincent Brooks
- David Every
- Lex Sulzer
The conference will take place at the Kalahari Resort in Sandusky, Ohio. The Kalahari is a family-friendly "all-in-one" conference center, hotel and resort, featuring one of the world's largest water parks.
Please be sure to book your rooms at the Kalahari using the following link:
See the resort map here.
The nearest major airports are Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE), which is 50 minutes away by car, and Toledo Express Airport (TOL), which is about an hour away by car. There is also Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW), which is around two hours away by car.
If you are arriving at Cleveland Hopkins Airport on Tuesday (March 31), it may be possible to carpool with others to get to the Kalahari. If enough people arrive at a certain time, we may even be able to arrange one or more shuttles. If you would like to share a ride to the venue, please put your name and approximate arrival time below:
- Yaron Koren - 1 PM
- Sam Wilson - staying at the airport Monday night, so any time Tuesday is good for me
To become a sponsor, please contact Richard Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org