Architecture meetings/RFC review 2013-12-04

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 10:00 PM UTC at #wikimedia-meetbotconnect

Requests for Comment to review[edit]

Propose your own RFCs:

Summary and logs[edit]

Meeting summary[edit]

Meeting started by MaxSem at 22:01:28 UTC (full logs).

    1. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Architecture_meetings/RFC_review_2013-12-04 (TimStarling, 22:02:40)

  1. RFC: Simplify thumbnail cache (TimStarling, 22:05:57)
    1. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Simplify_thumbnail_cache (TimStarling, 22:06:04)
    2. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Standardized_thumbnails_sizes (paravoid, 22:19:35)
    3. ACTION: AaronSchulz to plan MW modification to stream out thumbnails with FileBackend storage (TimStarling, 22:41:57)
    4. option 5 generally favoured, possibly with modifications, we will proceed with design work on it (TimStarling, 22:43:57)
    5. ACTION: bd808 to remove options other than 5 from the RFC and include AaronSchulz's variant proposal with expanded existing SSD layer (TimStarling, 22:44:18)

  2. RFC: Structured logging (TimStarling, 22:45:45)
    1. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Structured_logging (TimStarling, 22:45:58)
    2. ACTION: ori-l to expand RFC (TimStarling, 22:59:49)
    3. https://github.com/mhart/gelf-stream (gwicke, 23:00:41)
    4. JSON generally favoured as long as a plain text format can be also made available (TimStarling, 23:00:50)
    5. transport selection based on URI-style destination string (TimStarling, 23:01:21)



Meeting ended at 23:05:10 UTC (full logs).

Action items[edit]

  1. AaronSchulz to plan MW modification to stream out thumbnails with FileBackend storage
  2. bd808 to remove options other than 5 from the RFC and include AaronSchulz's variant proposal with expanded existing SSD layer Yes Done
  3. ori-l to expand RFC



Action items, by person[edit]

  1. AaronSchulz
    1. AaronSchulz to plan MW modification to stream out thumbnails with FileBackend storage
    2. bd808 to remove options other than 5 from the RFC and include AaronSchulz's variant proposal with expanded existing SSD layer Yes Done
  2. bd808
    1. bd808 to remove options other than 5 from the RFC and include AaronSchulz's variant proposal with expanded existing SSD layer Yes Done
  3. ori-l
    1. ori-l to expand RFC



People present (lines said)[edit]

  1. TimStarling (90)
  2. paravoid (74)
  3. gwicke (44)
  4. AaronSchulz (44)
  5. bd808 (42)
  6. ori-l (36)
  7. parent5446 (24)
  8. aude (15)
  9. RoanKattouw (8)
  10. bawolff (6)
  11. MaxSem (5)
  12. subbu (3)
  13. meetbot-wm (3)
  14. Krinkle (2)



Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.

Full log[edit]