Architecture meetings/RFC review 2013-11-06/Notes

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Chaque nation choisis possèdera sa propre culture et donc sa propre architecture. Dès l'âge de fer il vous sera proposé de choisir parmi le Japon, l'Angletaire,l'Allemagne,la France,Rome,la Grèce la Chine, soit les plus grand empire que le monde n'ai jamais connu. Le choix de votre nation inclus également des bénéfecices selon la nation choisis et une troupe bien précise pour chacunes des nations. Il vous faudra faire votre choix dès l'âge de fer et surtout, il vous faudra bien choisir car une fois cliquer sur "OK" il n'y aura aucune possibilité de faire marche arrière...

#wikimedia-meetbot Meeting[edit]

Meeting started by qgil at 22:03:58 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary[edit]

  1. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Architecture_meetings/RFC_review_2013-11-06 (qgil, 22:04:23)
  2. https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/ArchitectureMeeting (qgil, 22:05:24)

TitleValue[edit]

Full log: Architecture meetings/RFC review 2013-11-06/Log#TitleValue
  1. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/TitleValue (bd808, 22:05:58)
  2. HELP: anyone have a module they'd like to volunteer for migration ? :) (qgil, 22:27:17)
  3. ACTION: by TimStarling: if DanielK_WMDE_ can make a prototype without us agreeing to merge it, that would be a good outcome. Then we can evaluate it at that point (qgil, 22:38:56)
  4. <DanielK_WMDE_> TimStarling: i'd be willing to prototype this on a small module. say, a simple special page or api module (qgil, 22:39:26)
  5. <DanielK_WMDE_> brion, TimStarling: i gather that there's agreement on trying to use TitleValue instead of Title where possible, but concern about how to access the serives objects for parsing and formatting. the two options being a) IContext and b) a separate static registry that is not passed around. (qgil, 22:40:42)
  6. <DanielK_WMDE_> TimStarling: i'll request a week's coding time to work on this. (qgil, 22:41:56)

Configuration database[edit]

Full log: Architecture meetings/RFC review 2013-11-06/Log#Configuration_database
  1. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Configuration_database (qgil, 22:43:10)
  2. HELP: Chad doesn't want to be the RFC champion for Configuration Database RFC. any takers? (robla, 22:47:50)
  3. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WikiFactory (qgil, 22:49:59)
  4. <TimStarling> anyway, we are mostly dreaming if we don't have anyone to drive this (qgil, 22:50:59)
  5. <legoktm> I'd be willing to work on some of it (qgil, 22:51:07)
  6. <OwynD> we have an extension called WikiFactory that basically does this for us. (qgil, 22:51:48)
  7. <TimStarling> qgil: current RFC probably abandoned, legoktm to file new RFC (qgil, 22:53:23)


  • Password requirements (qgil, 22:53:51)
    1. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Password_requirements (qgil, 22:54:00)
    2. <TimStarling> there are a couple of really simple features proposed here. One is to make it so that increasing $wgMinimalPasswordLength doesn't break everything. Fine, hardly even needs an RFC. (qgil, 22:57:00)
    3. <csteipp> Only length was in the proposal, but expiration and charset could also be in there. Also, different people having a different policy (the second part of the rfc) (qgil, 22:58:28)
    4. <TimStarling> so, what I would like from this RFC is for the discussion to be moved out to the talk page (qgil, 23:00:52)
    5. ACTION: Password requirements: <TimStarling> what I would like from this RFC is for the discussion to be moved out to the talk page. Also, we would like expiration and forced reset to be part of the RFC (qgil, 23:03:08)
    6. http://git.wikimedia.org/blob/operations%2Fmediawiki-config.git/HEAD/wmf-config%2FBug54847.php (qgil, 23:03:18)
    7. https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/92037/ the much cleaner version of ^ (csteipp, 23:03:36)
    8. Thank you everybody! The plan is to keep having these meetings every other week. (qgil, 23:04:51)


  • Meeting ended at 23:04:52 UTC (full logs).

    Action items[edit]

    1. by TimStarling: if DanielK_WMDE_ can make a prototype without us agreeing to merge it, that would be a good outcome. Then we can evaluate it at that point
    2. Password requirements: <TimStarling> what I would like from this RFC is for the discussion to be moved out to the talk page. Also, we would like expiration and forced reset to be part of the RFC



    Action items, by person[edit]

    1. DanielK_WMDE_
      1. by TimStarling: if DanielK_WMDE_ can make a prototype without us agreeing to merge it, that would be a good outcome. Then we can evaluate it at that point
    2. TimStarling
      1. by TimStarling: if DanielK_WMDE_ can make a prototype without us agreeing to merge it, that would be a good outcome. Then we can evaluate it at that point
      2. Password requirements: <TimStarling> what I would like from this RFC is for the discussion to be moved out to the talk page. Also, we would like expiration and forced reset to be part of the RFC



    People present (lines said)[edit]

    1. TimStarling (84)
    2. DanielK_WMDE_ (79)
    3. brion (55)
    4. qgil (45)
    5. ^d (34)
    6. aude (19)
    7. AaronSchulz (13)
    8. MaxSem (13)
    9. OwynD (12)
    10. csteipp (11)
    11. robla (6)
    12. legoktm (5)
    13. ori-l (5)
    14. siebrand (2)
    15. bawolff (2)
    16. Platonides (2)
    17. meetbot-wm` (2)
    18. ^demon|lunch (1)
    19. bd808 (1)



    Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.