People present: Tim, Gabriel, S
Minutes from last week: Architecture_committee/2015-07-22
Pending action items
- Gabriel to invite people to front-end ongoing WG meeting on phab:T105845 (content widgets) and/or phab:T102476 (change propagation)
RFCs to triage
Assigned Gabriel's new RFCs to him, moved some to "blocked/stalled/draft" and "under discussion"
IRC meeting scheduling
- phab:T105652 RfC: Content model storage
- phab:T105638 RFC: Streamlining Composer usage
- Aaron's replication work
- Gabriel meet about front-end topics
- Two WGs:
- Frontend, content, widgets, the path from the API to the user
- Behind the API: content storage, event & change propagation, replication
phab:T102476 (RFC: Thoughts / notes on change propagation)
- analytics Kafka plans may help
- Tim mentions OAI, Brion extension to notify users
- concrete problem: RESTBase has to write a job to put changes in the queue, but difficult to get the jobs to run in the correct order (page change, then Mobile update, then ...)
Re: phab:T105652 content model storage
- Tim: Extra table and a query for the content model ID isn't a performance win, but saves size.
- Tim: biggest thing in core tables is the revision comment, and there's a proposal to increase comment from 256 to 1024... maybe move revision comments to separate table.
- Revision comments
- Should we store those separately, e.g. in Cassandra
- Further discussion took place in the RFC IRC office hour (see log)