Jump to navigation Jump to search
Outdated translations are marked like this.
- "Access for all" (Swiss foundation for ICT-Accessibility); a step-by-step accessibility analysis according to the Web Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 published by the W3C: http://www.thirdageonline.eu/project-tao-2/software-development/mediawiki-accessibility-enhancements/
- This analysis was accomplished as part of the "Third Age Online" (TAO) AAL project in collaboration with Kai Nissen of WMDE
- Most of the mentioned issues are either feature enhancements or theme related, while some requirements can only be met by setting up or redefining the editing guidelines.
- Lucia Greco, an assistive technologies specialist at UC Berkeley
- Sami Mubarak from http://mada.org.qa/en/ - the non-profit Qatar Assistive Technology Center - works on the accessibility of MediaWiki for the blind (in Arabic)
- Katie Filbert, of the Wikimedia DC chapter, is interested in accessibility efforts and helped run an accessibility hackathon: http://www.wikimediadc.org/wiki/Accessibility_hackathon
- Andrea Zanni is of the Wikimedia Italy chapter. Wikimedia Italy is investing in software development to improve Wikisource usability and accessibility for new users.
- Adi Kushnir helped lead an accessibility session at Wikimania 2011, during the developer days, discussing what needs fixing.
- Wikimedia France is interested in working on Wikimedia accessibility, to create an audit of the current situation and a roadmap for future work.
- Jopparn, who submitted an accessibility project as a Wikimedia fellowship idea.
- the WikiProject Accessibility participants - on other wikis as well?
- Maria Schiewe, Danny B. and Rodan Bury had Accessibility Presentation and Workshop at Wikimania 2010.
- Danny B. and Maria Schiewe started Accessibility initiative.
- Mark Holmquist is an employee of the WMF who is usually willing to help with accessibility issues.
- Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj), a software developer working on Accessibility guide for developers.
- Hoo man (Marius Hoch) is working with WMDE to fix a11y bugs in the summer of 2013.
- Wikimedia Sverige is developing a MediaWiki extension called Wikispeech, a text-to-speech solution aimed at increasing accessibility of Wikipedia's articles. Please contact me if you would like to be involved.
- Volker E. is working for Wikimedia Foundation and has been focussing on accessible interfaces to be provided across all Foundation products.