Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/Quarterly review, August 2013/Notes
< Wikimedia Release Engineering Team | Quarterly review, August 2013(Redirected from Wikimedia Release and QA Team/Quarterly review, August 2013/Notes)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Wiki: Wikimedia_Release_&_QA_Team/Quarterly_review,_August_2013
- Slides: https://docs.google.com/a/wikimedia.org/presentation/d/1MdUHRH2nkS4RFikx4wkz_lgeN5DofseoKNtZskZLHhg/edit#slide=id.p
- GG Greg G.
- CM Chris M.
- RL RobLa
- CH Chad
- AF Asher
- EM Erik M.
- TF Tomasz
- QG Quim
- SR Sam Reed
- AK Andre K.
- SH Sumana
- ŽF Željko
- JF James F.
- OL Ori
- MG Michelle
- Ryan Lane
- Desire for having a way to use beta-labs cluster (or some other valid environment) with arbitrary versions of code of arbitrary extensions/core (e.g. "how does master VisualEditor work with currently-deployed core and ULS?").
- ACTION RL/CM/JF: Put together an RFP for experienced tester for VisualEditor with "experience writing automated tests" as a plus rather than a core (Quim has ~3 CVs already from the QA events in the past).
- ACTION JF: VE team have hack JS splice-out proxy idea that they will share so that others can use it (but only allows local testing against production where the code is in JS and executed client-side).
- ACTION CM: Put browser tests in the repos of the feature they test, this will allow more frequent test running than the twice a day we have now.
- ACTION GG: We need test discoverability for Selenium/etc. tests - add to core's backlog a system for QA tests similar to how unit tests work in MW core right now?
- ACTION GG: outline the options of testing infra and documenting where we want to go/what we're missing/pain points
- ACTION GG/CM/RL: process documentation for ideal test/deployment steps - re-run the ThoughtWorks process we used two years ago to examine and help us start to iterate?
- ACTION GG: Add atomicity to success metrics for deploy related goal
- ACTION GG/KS: do retrospectives (post-mortem isn't a nice word)