Welcome to the Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons satellite track at the Wikimedia Hackathon!
In 2018 and 2019, structured data will be deployed on Wikimedia Commons. This means many new opportunities to hack on existing and new tools, develop prototypes and experiments.
Several members of the Structured Data on Commons team will be present at the Barcelona hackathon (and next hackathons too!) to work together with anyone interested in the project.
- Join our session with general introduction and Q&A (Friday, 16:00, Sala de projectes) / Etherpad
- Join our session on Structured Commons and GLAM (Friday, 17:00, Sala de projectes) / Etherpad
- Visit and co-work at the Structured Commons tables/corner in the hacking space
- Let's brainstorm and work together!
- Updating existing Commons tools
- Opportunities for new tools, libraries, prototypes, technical experiments...
- Newcomer-friendly projects to work on
- How to organize volunteer developer tasks around Structured Commons on Phabricator
- Wikidata's WikiProject Sum of all Paintings
Participants (please add yourself!)
- Keegan Peterzell, Technical Collaboration Specialist, main contact for community engagement
- Sandra Fauconnier, GLAM-Wiki Strategist, main contact for GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives Museums - cultural heritage) projects
- Amanda Bittaker, Program Manager
- Mark Holmquist, Lead Software Engineer
- Matthias Mullie, Software Engineer
- Cormac Parle, Senior Software Engineer
- John Samuel
- PierreSelim, Volunteer
- Léna, Volunteer
- ESM, Volunteer
- Stas Malyshev
- Hay / Husky
- Sandipan Banerjee, Volunteer