The pre-hackathon in Montpellier will take place the 14th and 15th of April 2018 in Montpellier, France. It is a warm up event linked to Wikimedia Hackathon 2018 and it will be focused on gadgets maintenance and updating, especially for the French Wikipedia.
The following tasks are within the scope of the event (non-comprehensive list):
- Update the technical documentation and ensure it is consistent everywhere (or centralize it when possible)
- Create a git repository that non-sysop developers can use to push updates to gadgets, etc. (Phab:T179550)
- Maybe a training session for outsider JS devs who might want to create or maintain Wikipedia gagdets
- Anything related to the creation of a Central Gadget Taskforce (phab:T159334)
Atelier des pigistes, 171 rue frimaire 34000 Montpellier. (map)
- Tram 3/1/4 arrêt Rives du Lez ou 1/3 Port Marianne
|10:00||Formal presentation of the prehackathon|
|10:30||Pitch of proposals, projects and ideas|
|20:00||1st Wrap up so far|
|9:30 AM||state of the question so far|
|17:00||Fin. Everybody goes home ;)|
Preparing for the pre-hackathon
- Download and install Git (optional recommendation: also install the GitHub Desktop client, this is especially recommended for people who are relatively new to Git)
Tentative plans for hackathon
- We will sent a message to confirmed attendees and we will write here a program proposal some days before the event. This will be just a proposal, some guidelines, not mandatory at all.
The room allows ~15 people attending.
- Sylvain WMFr (talk) 18:05, 10 January 2018 (UTC)
- Léna (talk) 18:59, 10 January 2018 (UTC)
- Framawiki (talk) 19:57, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
- — 0x010C ~talk~ 19:58, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
- — Arkanosis ✉ 20:28, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
- Oodna (talk) 20:31, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
- Ltrlg, 08:32, 19 January 2018 (UTC)
- Mohamedudhuman05, 10:54, 26 January 2018 (UTC)
- Sukkoria (talk) 10:21, 24 February 2018 (UTC) (not sure yet)
- --Toniher (talk) 20:32, 15 March 2018 (UTC) (attending in lieu of Àlex, link with Barcelona event)
- Drongou (talk) 14:26, 20 March 2018 (UTC)
- Mah3110 (talk) 08:58, 22 March 2018 (UTC)
- DePlusJean (talk) 08:28, 10 April 2018 (UTC) (initiation and photographing the events )
This event will follow the Friendly space policy for Wikimedia Foundation events, attendees must read and follow our Code of Conduct.
Get in touch
Contact: hackathonwikimedia.frThis e-mail address can be used for all inquiries or questions regarding the event.
If you want to help with the preparation of the event, please join the mailing list!
- Wikimédia France (organiser)