Wikimedia Contribution Drive amFOSS
Wikimedia Contribution Drive:
Once again amFOSS is back with a Wikimedia contribution drive which is scheduled to be conducted on 4th November 2018. The drive is completely driven by the student contributors of Wikimedia foundation.
This initiative is to bring more students to Open source, especially to Wikimedia Foundation. It could be a jumpstart to the newcomers to fix some bugs and move a step ahead with open source contributions.
Students aiming for Google Summer of Code ’19, or any outreach programs can have a base set up after this drive.
|Date||Sunday, November 4, 2018|
|Time||10:00 AM to 20:00 PM ( UTC +5:30 )|
|Venue||Ground Floor Lab, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri Campus|
No prior experience with Mediawiki is required! We all are here to learn through experiences.
This drive is a complete package to:
- Locally set up MediaWiki and Gerrit.
- Get familiar with Phabricator.
- Hang around with the issue queue.
- Search for bugs with suitable labels, and reproduce them locally.
- Fix bugs, create and submit patches.
- Contribution to Wikimedia Commons.
- Documentation training.
- 35+ students attended the entire program.
- Trained the students with Mediawiki software and Extension.
- Introduced Wikimedia's Bug-Tracker-Phabricator and Gerrit.
- Given a demo on how to create a patch-set in Gerrit.
- Atlast all the participants were able to create at least one patch-set using gerrit, and few got merged aswell!!