Voice assistants and Wikimedia
A list of resources/links related to voice-activated software that interacts with Wikimedia project content. See also w:en:Smart speaker (d:Q26884850)
- MycroftAI (w:en:Mycroft (software) - d:Q29377049)
- Hackathon 2019 prototype offline voice based Wikipedia (codename "wiki wiki")
- Demo video
- Self-hosted extendable personal intelligent assistant (SEPIA)
- Amazon Alexa (w:en:Amazon Alexa - d:Q28022144)
- https://github.com/petergtz/alexa-wikipedia - Alexa skill that reads whole Wikipedia articles (unknown license)
- Google Assistant (w:en:Google Assistant - d:Q25025241)
- Microsoft Cortana (w:en:Cortana - d:Q15897235)
- Build a virtual assistant in Python 3.x using wolframalpha, Wikipedia, pyttsx and speech recognition API’s (Part 1)
- m:Research talk:Unique Devices#"Unique Devices" including Siri/Alexa/etc. usage?
- I (Quiddity) was looking at this idea (Alexaphone) for a semi-increased-privacy interface for commercial smart speakers , and I remembered the existence of Mycroft AI (the open source Alexa/etc competitor). I decided to see what else was out there, and compiled this list. Please update/overhaul/etc.