rar and welcome to MediaWiki.org. :) --Sayuri 10:47, 20 July 2007 (UTC)
Nice deletion spree!
Every Wiki and website needs one to show users on what they are not allowed to do in this Wiki. The Blocking Policy is made for to tell users that Admins are protecting the Website from Collateral Damage.(184.108.40.206 05:29, 1 January 2008 (UTC))
- Ok, thanks for reconsidering. BY the way, you've been making great use of the tools; leave some for me once in a while! :) --AnonDiss 10:05, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
Heya! :) --Dungodung 10:44, 6 January 2008 (UTC)
Anonymous user called Mike :-)
Hi there, thanks for removing that page, I thought I was on our own test Wiki. I'm wondering if there is anyway to automate the editting of a page in our own wiki-- know it kind of goes against the idea of wiki but we're quite keen for a system of ours to post changes to certain data in our trading system to a corresponding wiki page.. any thoughts? Thanks :-)
Hoi, it is great to feel welcome ... I have felt welcome since 2004 on this wiki :) Thanks, GerardM 09:39, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- np..hopefully, it will read it :) ..--Cometstyles 14:32, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks..I knew I was forgetting something ..again..I did add that for the last 2 languages though :P ...--Cometstyles 14:51, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for blocking spambots. Sheesh, even this IP was one itself, due to some naughty business but now that person's not around to do such things. At least here I can edit in peace without being blocked... gah, this IP is blocked on several other Wikimedia projects.. not here, thankfully! --220.127.116.11 19:41, 6 March 2008 (UTC)
Hello :) Oysterguitarist 15:00, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
COMETYYYYYYYYYYY :DD Hoi! --Fabexplosive 15:22, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
Actully, Im trying to create a wiki_format site based on that series. I was going to do more work but you deleted it without hearing me out so if there was an easy way to create a wiki-format website powered by this MediaWiki, then how do you do it?
Joekido 01:34, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
Uhm, Cometstyle, I need your help.
Joekido 05:12, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
I'm a user on the English Wikipedia, and saw that media wiki isn't that large. I was wondering if there is a need for admins here? Just checking, let me know :). Dusti 02:19, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
- No, and please stop asking people the same question on different wikis as well...--Cometstyles 02:44, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
Hi, i want to fix a mistake on the Sidebar Manual page but i noticed that you've protected it because of vandalism. Can you please unprotect it again for registered users? If you don't want to please fix at least the mistake. Thank you in advance. Der Papst 09:24, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Ok..done :) ...--Cometstyles 09:36, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks :-) Der Papst 09:54, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
What author of the page "starting a new page" was? What accurate reason of removing was?
- it was a test edit by an anon and all he added was multiple [[:category]] and multiple test [[Link Title]], so in other words, it was just vandalism :). .--Cometstyles 08:50, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
Help content copied from wikipedia. Please delete
The public domain help pages are being released to the public domain (not GFDL). This means they have to be put together from scratch, and unfortunately cannot be copied from wikipedia. All explained at: Project:PD help#License
Somebody has copied content into that area from wikipedia, for the Ripoarisch (don't even know what language that is) translations. So a couple of pages under Help:Contents/ksh. Please note that this is very disrepectful to the wikipedians who have contributed under GFDL, and certainly was not the idea of the PD Help pages. So we (mediawiki.org) must remove these pages immediately. Perhaps I should've labelled them for speedy deletion.
...and they should be deleted to obliterate the copied material from the history too. Ripoarisch translations must be created from scratch based on the english version of the pages.
-- Harry Wood 09:41, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
Dear bureaucrat. This is joseph from Turkish Wikipedia. I want to usurp the account named locally as "joseph" for SUL merge. Here is confirmation Thanks. (any message here please) --18.104.22.168 06:57, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
- Done, just login to your home wiki and click a link to this wiki and your account will be automatically created ..--Cometstyles 07:03, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
Without trying to spam my wiki, I would like to know if you'd be interested in being a sysop at it... seeing as you do good work here and at Meta. Thanks, --Sunstar NW XP 21:18, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for replying. --Sunstar NW XP 21:58, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
Why did you deleted my user page? I developed an extension of MediaWiki and then I created a user page where I say who am I. What's wrong with that? It is a USER page.--Dejudicibus 15:34, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
- Well most people make their userpages on mediawiki and also link to personal sites without actually doing anything here, and you created the extension a minutes after I deleted your userpage, so per out policy What_MediaWiki.org_is_not, i deleted it, but since you created an extension, you are allowed to display your private info :) ..--Cometstyles 03:06, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, i'm Aldrich. I'm an Bureaucrat at a wikisite called Wikicars. Anyway, I've been needing some help with writing templates and infoboxes. Do you know anyone that might be able to help me?
-Red marquis 11:03, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
Hi. I need that template to explain the problem that I'm asking help from you guys for. Check out my user page for an expanded explanation of said problem. May I recreate the template again?
Red marquis 11:51, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
When you are around :)
Why did you delete my talk page?
Not being a real expert I managed to build a few sites with MediaWiki. Some problems I had and solutions I found I wanted to share with other people using the software. To this end I created an account and placed comments on a few pages (see http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Ob.helm). Now I wanted to present a way on how the front (main) page can be updated more or less automatically. While I was still in the process of putting the information that included the use of Extension:DynamicPageList and the Extension:Inputbox together you deleted the page without providing any reason. The only link I could access was About_this_site, where I was given a choice of quite a number of reasons that you may have had in mind when deleting.
Could you be more precise or even consider to undo the delete?--Ob.helm 10:44, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
- sorry, though it was one of those forum spambots ^_^ ..--Cometstyles 10:52, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
- thanks for the swift and positive response--Ob.helm 10:56, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Deletion of 7-zip information for windows users
Hi, the rule I was using (from having read that section previously) was "This site therefore includes pure descriptions, advice, suggestions, and contains how-to's; this includes tutorials, walk-throughs and instruction manuals related to the subject matter."
All wikimidia distributions are in .tar.gz format, which contains zero mystery for anyone who has used linux. However for windows users it isn't uncommon for this to be their first exposure as they try to set up a wiki.
On the page Manual:Newcomers guide to installing on Windows there was an empty link to 7-zip as well as an external link to the download. I thought it would be useful to include a how-to on dealing with uncompressing the distribution on windows. I realize this falls into the category of "how can you not know that so delete it" but for people that don't, would it be so harmful to have a blurb on it here?
Thanks. --Tlosk 13:02, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
ED uses mediawiki software so why does the central mediawiki site ban lynx to it? Dresden 01:37, 16 January 2009 (UTC)