This page describes use-cases for interactive templates, anything that involves templates
- doing things automatically or
- getting added automatically after certain events.
Altering template arguments
- At Wikipedia, edit protected. EPH script.
- At Wikipedia, AFC submission. AFCH script and DraftsReview script.
Template is replaced by another template.
- At Wikipedia, helpme template is frequently changed to helpme-helped, helpme-working, or remove (if helpee cancels his/her query). Helpees may also need to switch helpme-helped to helpme to reopen the query. Technical 13 is working on a helper script to be preloaded as an on-by-default gadget for all wiki users, which triggers when users click buttons in templates.
- At Wikipedia, unblock is changed to unblock on hold or unblock reviewed or unblocked. Manually.
Template replacement with arguments
Template is replaced by another template with arguments.
- At Wikinews, developing template to be switched to review and then tasks. Easy peer review script is completed and performs this task using preloaded Js.
- At Commons, otrs-pending is switched to otrs-received, then to permissionsotrs (with a number ticket id). Manually.
- At Wikinews: unblock, unblock-no, unblock-ok; a text argument.
Template with path to add new section to article talk
Template adds a new section to article talk page, with arguments.
- At Wikinews, review template adds peer reviewed to article talk, with arguments, such as booleans and comments. Easy peer review script is completed and performs this task using preloaded Js.
- At Wikipedia, delete template asks user to enter a comment to leave at article talk page to protest the deletion. (Currently half-manually (how?), but that is acceptable as no extra steps are required).
Template to get added when a page is in a category
Template automatically appears on article talk page under certain conditions.