New official work user account: User:Brion Vibber (WMF)
Note to self, note to others:
I'm currently the Lead Software Architect for the Wikimedia Foundation. I've been around for a while.
- I make no guarantees that things I write have any positive or negative relation to do with any company or person who might pay me; I am a human being with free will and will write on any subject I please within the confines of reasonableness.
Please report bugs to https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/ to make sure we see them!
You can usually find me directly during the day on Wikimedia's IRC channels, especially #wikimedia-dev.
Stuff for 2016
- /Secure code modules through iframe sandboxing
- /ResourceLoader and latency
- /Media handler and renderer thoughts
Stuff for 2015
Stuff for 2011
- Global session threat assessment
- Bitfields for rev_deleted
- Markup spec
- Unicode normalization considerations
- Watchlist subscriptions
- Snapshot work branch
- /tasks for noobs
- Mobile browser testing
- /Media codec alternatives
Templates/pages to change on release
- Template:MediaWiki News (move old news into the 'older news' section)
- Upgrade instructions
- Create new Manual:Upgrading to 1.x page if needed
- Manual:Upgrading - change redirect if new upgrade page created
- Release notes