The Reply tool is already available as a Beta Feature at most Wikipedias, plus a few of the other WMF-supported projects, including this one. If you want to use it at another wiki, then:
- Please make sure that it's not already available. If it's available, it will probably be listed as "Discussion tools" in Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures. You need to check Special:Preferences at the wiki where you want to use it. This link will only show you the Beta Features here at MediaWiki.org.
- If it's not available at your other wiki(s), and you want it to be, please Reply to the end of this thread and:
- give me a URL for your wiki (e.g., https://wikitech.wikimedia.org or https://en.wiktionary.org/)
- tell me whether you've tested it at your wiki
- if it is normal for your community to discuss software changes, give me a link to a discussion or announcement about your request. The Editing team does NOT require a formal vote or big discussion. You should do what is normal and appropriate for your community.
- Wait. I will add new requests to the list, but it may take weeks or even months for the configuration changes to be made.
If you have previously requested access to the Reply tool as a Beta Feature, then you don't need to repeat the request. I still have your name on my list.