Topic on Extension talk:Tabs

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Legaulph (talkcontribs)
MediaWiki	1.30.0
PHP	7.1.8 (apache2handler)
Semantic MediaWiki	2.5.5
Tabs 1.3.2
Tabs no longer working at all
CyberBotX (talkcontribs)

I am getting the same issue, with MediaWiki 1.30.0 and PHP 7.0.27, with the same version of Tabs (but from the master branch). From what I can see, the error is due to the styles not being applied and it appears to be a problem with the extension, as I get in the Debug Log when I turn on the Debug Toolbar of MediaWiki:

[resourceloader] Unexpected general module "ext.tabs" in styles queue.

I've been looking to see how this can be fixed, but cannot find a fix for it. Things I tried:

  • Commenting out usages of addModuleStyles() and addModuleScripts() in Tabs.body.php
  • Changing extension.json (but this problem was occurring even with the version of Tabs from the REL1_30 branch and editing Tabs.php instead) to have the styles and scripts separate, which removes the error but doesn't load the styles
  • Changing the uses of addModuleStyles() and addModuleScripts() to just addModules()

None of these have worked, though.

Legaulph (talkcontribs)

./Tabs.body.php:

I was able to get rid of the message [resourceloader] Unexpected general module "ext.tabs" in styles queue
Tabs.body.php change
$parserOut->addModuleStyles('ext.tabs');
$parserOut->addModuleScripts('ext.tabs');
To
$parserOut->addModules('ext.tabs');
//$parserOut->addModuleScripts('ext.tabs');
This message is also showing
  • [GlobalTitleFail] MessageCache::parse called by Tabs->renderTab/trim/Message->__toString/Message->toString/Message->parseText/MessageCache->parse with no title set.
--Legaulph (talk) 12:48, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
Legaulph (talkcontribs)
Josh Simon (talkcontribs)

I'm curious: What was your "No longer working" failure mode?

I installed a fresh MW 1.31 instance (PHP 7.2.7) and now with the same tab-generating wikitext and version of Tabs (1.3.2) that works in my old MW 1.30 instance (PHP 5.5.38) instead of tabs I get radio buttons for each tab title and all the text from all the tabs below them. Commenting out the $parserOut->addModuleScripts('ext.tabs'); line and loading the AddMessages extension suppresses the MW debug log messages (as you note above), but still doesn't display the tabs.

~~~~

Legaulph (talkcontribs)

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure what you mean by failure mode. The tabs would not work, MediaWiki was working fine just could not get tabs working. I'm recently testing on MediaWiki 1.31

MediaWiki	1.31.0
PHP	7.1.8 (apache2handler)
MySQL	5.6.34-log
Tabs	1.3.2

everything is still working with the configuration above. It may have to do with PHP 7.2.7 or did you change the line above $parserOut->addModuleStyles('ext.tabs'); to $parserOut->addModules('ext.tabs');?

Josh Simon (talkcontribs)

Aha! I missed the "replace with..." piece. If I change ...->addModuleScripts... to ...->addModules... on line 378 of Tabs.body.php then the tabs do work as expected again (MW 1.31, PHP 7.2.8, Tabs 1.3.2). Thanks!!

Unnamed mercenary (talkcontribs)

Currently using MW 1.31.1, PHP 7.2.15, and Tabs 1.3.2 and I've applied the changes noted above.

//$parserOut->addModuleStyles('ext.tabs');
//$parserOut->addModuleScripts('ext.tabs');
$parserOut->addModules('ext.tabs');

I've also added the AddMessages plugin as advised, which did fix the tab buttons themselves. However, I'm encountering a bug where most of the tab content won't be displayed. It'll make it to a 3rd tab, and then stop displaying any afterwards.


Examples:

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Greer_Wolf

 https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Kaz_Ashura

 https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Azlem_Riendotte

 https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Mihk'a_Epocan



Reply to "Tabs no longer working"