Hey Dan and team - this is really nice and thanks for reaching out to us for feedback! I had some thoughts:
- it seems like the current display doesn't have room for annotations, whether they be related to technical changes (like definitions), anomalies, or external events (we rolled out a new feature, a country blocked Wikipedia, etc). This seems like an important thing to have room for to me.
- I think the bot/not bot distinction could be made clearer, particularly for pageviews, where the default assumption of 3rd party users is that bots are automatically excluded. Excluding bots should be the default behavior and noted somewhere
- It seems like definitions of the various editing types would be really useful as well.
- Some breakdowns that are valuable to external users that I don't see here: mobile/desktop, country
- Question: is there room in the design to eventually accommodate new metrics that we want to promote as top-level health metrics, like visit frequency and time spent on site?