Topic on Extension talk:OpenID

Jump to navigation Jump to search

[SOLVED] OpenID: no auth_request

5
Summary by Wikinaut

Solution: make sure that your PHP has the php-xml module available or is compiled with option --with-xml .

Wikinaut (talkcontribs)

After I migrated to a new hosting provider, the OpenID extension stopped working.

This message appears on the page after I try to log in:

Verification error
An error occured during verification of the OpenID URL.

And this appears on the log file:

OpenID: no auth_request

You can try for yourself at http://openfarmtech.org/w/index.php?title=Special:OpenIDLogin

What could be causing this? --Elifarley 10:35, 28 March 2011 (UTC)

The "Verification error" message of the OpenID extension is admittedly not very specific. What is the consumer and what is the provider for the OpenID authentication you wanted to make? --Wikinaut 20:52, 28 March 2011 (UTC)
I was trying to use GMail to authenticate at openfarmtech.org --Elifarley 02:03, 29 March 2011 (UTC)
Codehead (talkcontribs)

I see you've been able to solve this issue. What was the problem and how did you fix it? --Codehead 12:05, 14 June 2011 (UTC)

Wikinaut (talkcontribs)

Codehead,

I did not receive any further information from the original submitter, Elifarley. If you have a similar problem, please do me a favour and

  • check the First aid checklist on top of this page
  • post a new thread or contact me by wiki mail.

Perhaps I can help. If possible: use MediaWik trunk and OpenID trunk versions.

ErikDeBruijn~mediawikiwiki (talkcontribs)

I also get no_auth_request, also with non https endpoints. To be sure I've upgraded openssl, removed SSL certicate checks and it responded the same, so I don't think they were used yet. I've tried it on different versions of mediawiki and the corresponding version of the wiki (1.16.5 (r91224) a.t.m. and also 1.16.2). I tried using a different store (other than file), but then it reports an error even though I ran "php update.php".

In the log I see:

when choosing google: OpenID: no auth_request (because $auth_request === null)

when choosing flickr and being returned after logging in: OpenID: aborting in auth because no response was recieved


I do get an object in $customer, and there are response headers, too. So it seems to contact external servers.

I also managed to contact Elifarley whom I know by coincidence, he said he fixed it by migrating servers. His problem could be related to SSL, but it could be many things if the entire environment changed.

Apparently this: $auth_request = $consumer->begin( $openid_url ); returns null in SpecialOpenID.body.php on line 213, but I cannot change this even if I return true at the beginning of Auth_OpenID_Consumer's->begin() in "Auth/OpenID/Consumer.php"!


I'm at a loss. I spent over 6 hours trying to figure this one out!! Please let me know what else I could try...

This post was posted by ErikDeBruijn~mediawikiwiki, but signed as ErikDeBruijn.

Hsand01 (talkcontribs)

I spent hours trying to figure this out. Apparently RHEL 5.7 by default does not install the php-xml extension. I simply ran this and restarted apache.

yum install php-xml
Reply to "[SOLVED] OpenID: no auth_request"