Topic on Template talk:Extension

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Qgil-WMF (talkcontribs)

I have just updated the Bugzilla links to their Phabricator equivalents. I found two problems:

  1. I couldn't find a way to predefine links to open & all tasks of a project. However, Phabricator project pages include the most relevant open tasks and a link to list all the open. From there, you can list everything (closed included) or perform more complex queries. I guess this is fine?
  2. using the [[phab:... type of link broke the URL, because the "?" and "=" were escaped, or something. With an external URL format it works. It's a minor thing, but maybe someone knows how to fix this.

Now I'm going to test the template in a bunch of extension pages. If you find any problems you can reply here or at phab:T168.

Nemo bis (talkcontribs)
Qgil-WMF (talkcontribs)

I tested the extension against all the projects that had spaces or other non-letter characters in their names, editing the "bugzilla=" value in those extensions that were not linking to the right URL.

There is a problem with extensions that had their own product in Bugzilla, but I guess that problem existed already before, since the template link assumed/assumes that all extensions are located under the same product/prefix. See for instance Extension:MobileFrontend. To solve this problem, either the project name must be changed, or the template must be made smarter.

In general I think it is better to link to project numbers (which don't change) rather than the easily editable project names. In any case, I believe the situation today for this template is the same as it was before the migration. Task completed.

Nemo bis (talkcontribs)

What's nice in tag links is that they're case insensitive.

Reply to "Update for Phabricator"