Template:Recommended Steps to Participate for Outreach Programs Mentors
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Before the program
During the program
- Set development & communication plans with your mentee.
- Encourage them to participate in the community bonding period following our guidelines.
- Set aside time in your schedule for a weekly meeting with your mentee via video call.
- Aim to get a Minimum viable product (MVP) out the door. Fine-tune plans as needed.
- Help host new projects created during the program on Wikimedia Gerrit. See Gerrit/New repositories.
- Stay in close communication with your mentee.
- Require your mentee to submit new code for review often, ideally every alternate day.
- Require your mentee to submit weekly reports.
- Submit timely project evaluations to organization administrators.
- Before the program ends, make sure to document any open tasks, file known bugs or merge leftover code.
After the program
- Share your conclusions of the project in communication channels, wherever appropriate.
- Suggest or help with any improvements of our outreach program guides.
- Communicate to organization administrators any lessons learned.
- Recommend next steps to your mentee in the current project or wherever you think they might fit in our community.