Technical Community Newsletter/2020/July
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A quarterly round-up of news from the Wikimedia Technical Community.
Notes on this issue
- The Wikimedia Virtual Hackathon took place May 9-11. Explore the outcomes in the hackathon showcase.
- The Toolforge project is now using toolforge.org as its DNS domain for naming both infrastructure and Toolforge hosted webservices. This change includes introducing "host-based" naming for webservices. Learn more about the migration to the the toolforge.org domain.
- The Google Code-in program is ending after 10 successful years. Thank you to all volunteers and mentees who have participated over the last decade.
- Are you interested in technical writing for an Open Source project? Google Season of the Docs 2020 is open for applications through July 9!
- The virtual Small Wiki Toolkits - Indic workshop series took place in June 2020.
- A proposal to change the MediaWiki logo is taking place now.
- Our Gerrit code review instance was updated from version 2.15 to version 3.2.2.
- Maintained and well-documented popular gadgets used across wikis
- Phabricator: Number of tasks created in Q2/2020: 7755
- Phabricator: Number of tasks closed in Q2/2020: 7114
- Phabricator: Number of different people who created tasks in Q2/2020: 1070
- Phabricator: Number of different people who closed tasks in Q2/2020: 488
- Monthly breakdown of Phabricator statistics for April 2020, May 2020, and June 2020.
Upcoming conferences and workshops
- July 9 - July 10, 2020 (Virtual): Celtic Knot - Wikimedia Language Conference. Submissions for satellite events are welcome.
- May, June, July 2020 (Virtual): API the Docs. Conferences and talks.
- August 9 - August 11 (Virtual): Write the Docs: Portland