Release status: unknown
|Latest version||4.0.0 (2018-02-12)|
|Download||No download link provided|
|Translate the Foundation skin if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix;|
I've opted to load the Foundation resources from externally hosted sources to meet community demand, the vast majority of those that use my skins, use shared hosting and wanted a skin that was less resource intensive. Uncached a wiki (without extensions) uses 200Kb, cached is significantly less, but with a page load time of approx 2 seconds.
Foundation is a "mobile first" framework, and while it may be unprofessional to add a personal opinion here, never the less, from a professional perspective, Foundation provides superior responsive capabilities to that of Bootstrap, whereas Bootstrap has more depth of features and capability.
Foundation is a responsive skin, and unlike Bootstrap skins doesn't require Foundation grid classes to make a wiki page responsive, thus it renders wiki text better.
Prior to release it was tested on the iPhone 5/6, iPad mini and iPad. Foundation also reputably benefits from the ability to recognise landscape and portrate screens, though I have not been able to test this (on a pc).
- Does not work with Mediawiki versions <1.22.5?
- Tested and working on 1.26.2 and expected to work on >1.22.5
- For general documentation on the use of skins, see Help:Skins.
- Download and extract the file(s) in a directory called "Foundation" in your skins/ folder. Note that a base file in the root folder is no longer required in MediaWiki.
- Add the following code at the bottom of your "LocalSettings.php"
wfLoadSkin( 'Foundation' ); $wgDefaultSkin = "foundation";
- See the installation guide for further advice on installation and post install configuration, including the use of extensions included with the skin.
The following extensions are included with the skin (see the demo for more info).
- Working contact form extension
- jQuery smooth scroll "To the Top" extension
- Social Sharing extension
- 3.0.13 (stable) - 22/02/2016
- 4.0.0 (stable) - 12/2/2018